Autoimmune Disorders Community

low platelets

i have been to several dr s and no one seems to have an answer to my symptoms...
am dizzy - ALOT, have consistently low platelet count - apprx 45,000 - 55,000.  seen primary and oncologist - told to continue testing every 3 wks to find variance...  ???
Hey southernchik,
Welcome to the forum.
Please seek a very good and reputable Hematologist. (best one possible)
You need to find the cause of your low count.
There are a couple dozen causes, and it is through the process of elimination
that he will arrive at a determination. Some are very simple and clear cut and some are more complex to investigate.
Blessings
Nikodicreta
Hi.
You definately need a good second opinion on this matter. Low platelets, can be found in quite a few illness,s and those need ruling out.
Thrombocytopenia, ITP, APS, and also bone marrow conditions. etc etc.

I had a low blood platelet count, but it was linked to my auto-immune disease of APS.
This needs attention . If they arent clever enough to give you a reason why, then you need someone else.
Dont give up searching.
Good Luck
Nicola
Giloy ghan vati tablets or Giloy Sat powder will help to increase platelet count.
September 22, 2011
Hello there
I was diagnosed with primary ITP 2 years ago September.  Yea like everyone has said get a good hematologist.  It is all about process if elimination.  My count right now is 22,000.  Good luck I hope you find what's going on because those numbers are not normal at all!  You need to extensive blood test to rule out whatever or possibly find whatever.  Good luck