Autoimmune Disorders Community

low wbc

I don't know what all this means...Should I be concerned...my WBC is listed as low at 3.4 K/uL. My neut% is low at 28.0% and the neut# is low at 1.0 K/ul.  My lymph% is high at 57.8%.  Help with these numbers is most appreciated.
Hi Madam_Dani.

A low WBC can be caused by  medicines, cancer treatments or diseases.
A low neutrophil count ( Neutropenia) makes one more susceptible to infections.
A high lymphocyte concentration is likely indicative of a viral infection.

A Lymphoma can cause a  high lymphocyte and a low neutrophil count.

You should discuss these results with the doctor who ordered these tests
for you to get further details.

Hope this helps.
Niko
Thank you for the comment.  My doctor really would not say much except that he wanted to re-test my blood in 2-3 weeks.  I am going tomorrow for the re-test.  However, today I woke up with pain in my right armpit area and it has me concerned.