Aa
A
A
A
Close
Autoimmune Disorders Community
4.1k Members

possible sjogrens?

my eyes dnt produce tears anymore (havnt cried in years, dnt cry when i cut an onion). my mouth is dry. i seem 2 get oral thrush when i go down on this one girl who has problems with yeast infections but as far as i know i am not HIV+. my penis is usually dry too and i need lots of lubrication or lubricated condoms for sex to be good. my knees and ankles and sometimes hips are often sore, especially in the winter, even tho i am only 25 yrs old. could i have sjogren's or some other autoimmune disorder? how could i find out or get tested or treat it?
1 Responses
1530171 tn?1448129593
Hi h31pm3nao.

Your dry eye (xerophthalmia) and dry mouth (xerostomia) symptoms-
my Greek and Medical terminology background help!- are typical symptoms of Sjögren's syndrome, which can be diagnosed by a Rheumatologist, but it is not an easy nor a fast diagnosis by any means.
It usually requires a number of tests, medical history,clinical examinations and ... a lot of patience!

You need to rule out oral Candidiasis and Candida (yeast infection) in general, as well as STDs, specially, if having sex with different people, which increases your risks.
Any excessive alcohol consumption, improper diet high in sugars & starches , antibiotic treatments, stress etc. are contributing factors in fungal/yeast infections.

Hope this helps, however, my suggestions are not to be considered as substitute to medical advice.

Best wishes.
Niko
Have an Answer?
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.