Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

neurological exam result unclear

The report stated that my neurological exam was "grossly intact". I cannot find what this means. Any ideas? Also one of his findings was "chronic respiratory failure". Not exactly sure what this means but it does not sound good. Please help. I have MS which was diagnosed in the mid-90's.
2 Responses
642304 tn?1242606724
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I am not sure what your neurologist is telling you.  It could be that your lung tissue is collapsing in the chest X-rays (pneumothorax?) or is filling with fluid. In either case, this is not good and needs to be immediately addressed.
I forgot to ask about the chest x-ray. It showed flattening of the hemidiaphragms.? I have never heard of hemidiaphragms. Can you also respond to this?

You are reading content posted in the Autoimmune Disorders Forum

Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.