Autoimmune Disorders Forum

red spots on legs and thighs

Help!! I have been trying to find for the past 2 years what this outbreak of red spots are on my legs and thighs. They do not itch and they do not hurt but they are just ugly I first noticed them on my lower legs (between ankles and knees) after the birth of my son. They have been slowly spreading to my thighs. I have been to 4 different dermatologists and have not been diagnosed as of yet. I have tried different things to no avail (stopped eating shell fish for 6 months, stopped drinking alcohol for 1 month, stopped wearing boots for 4 months, etc). I am wondering if it may be an autoimmune disorder?
This sound a lot like Rosacea, a very common benign skin disorder. It is estimated to affect at least 14 million people in the US. The main symptoms of this condition include red or pink patches, visible broken blood vessels, small red bumps, red cysts, and can include pink or irritated eyes.  In some cases this is successfully treated with antibiotics, such as doxycycline, which suppresses chronic bacterial infections in the skin.
A related discussion, black n pink spots on legs and thighs was started.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.