Autonomic Dysfunction Community

Hey, I'm new here.

Hey, I just found this community.  I've been fainting since I was 14 from Neurocardiogenic Syncope.  I'm 24 now and living off SSI.  I moved back in with my parents after failing college.  I've tried salt tablets, gatorade, proamitine, florinef, atenolol, klonopin, paxil, ritalin, etc.  Right now I'm on ritalin and florinef.

The first 5 years were rough, but managable.  The next 2 years I began to think I was growing out of it.  Then I went to college, and have been worse ever since.  I faint probably 2-3 times a week with constant symptoms in between times.  Any ideas?

Paige
Your story sounds so much like mine.  I've been sick with dysautonomia since 15.  I'm now 28, and like you, living on a very limited SSI income.  I've had good years and bad years, good days and bad days.

I take these daily: Florinef, Lyrica, Norpace, Provigil, Prozac, and Ritalin.
I take these as needed: Zofran, Valium, Celebrex, and supplemental oxygen.

I also have a central line for daily intravenous fluids.  By the way, this is my 7th month without fainting.  I still feel sick sometimes though.
How long have you been on the florinef and ritalin combo?  Have you tried a PICC?  Florinef works best with a PICC in my experience, unless your symptoms are mild.  2-3 times per week of fainting is about what my daughter does too.
Your background sounds quite similar to mine.  I hope the Florinef and Ritalin are helping to ease your symptoms, I am taking those medications as well.

I'm not sure why our symptoms seem to fluctuate, but it seems medication adjustments are constantly required to keep in control.  You've tried a lot of the same medications I've tried.  I've been listing all of the treatments I'm aware of in our health pages, but outside of that I am unsure what else to suggest.  Have you had your electrolytes checked recently?
Congratulations on your seventh month without fainting!  That's awesome!  Summer has been rough on me so far, any suggestions?