Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Community
476 Members

Extend FMLA to those who have lost a child

I thank Medhelp for allowing me to post.

I lost my daughter in 2001 in a car accident here in Arizona. Kelly Farley, founder of grievingdads.com and I have begun a NON-Partisan petition to Congress to extend the FMLA benefits to include loss of a child. Currently, jobs are not held for the grieiving parent nor is time excused. Since we started the petition 4 weeks ago, over 7000 Americans have sent letters to their representatives and  we have held meetings with Sen.John Kyl as well as the House Minority Whip and others in Congress. I urge you to go to

http://www.petition2congress.com/3937/modify-family-medical-leave-act-1993/

and help this effort.This not political as loss of a child knows no age, demographics, income, faith or political affiliation.

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.