Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Community
476 Members

transabdominal cerclage

Hello ladies.
I just suffered my 3rd miscarriage. My ob/gyn confirmed i have a Incompetent cervix. This is when your cervix painlessly dialates bc of the weight of the baby, placenta, fluids. I made it to 18wk, which is the furthest I've been in any of my pregnancies. This was with a vaginal cerclage placed at 14wks. After the loss my dr said after watching my cervix's behavior he recommended me gettin a transabdominal cerclage.

Do any of you ladies have experiences with this? Good or bad your input would be greatly appreciated. Right now just researching the TAC as well as dr who perform surgery. Unfortunately not all ob/gyn do this type of procedure so Im doing my homework. Thanks again
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.