Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
7458937 tn?1391882099

17 and Pregnant. No parental support. ?

I was just sitting here thinking about having to make appointments soon. I was planning on going to my regular OB (I have no insurance) and was ready to pay 1000+$ out of pocket for the 1st visit.  But with all this new Obamacare stuff, can I do that? My parents won't get involved.  The father can support us and bills and whatnot. We absolutely plan on keeping the baby.

Basically I need pros and cons to planned parenthood or local resource clinics. I'd rather go to my regular OB but I don't know exactly what ACA involves or what my choices are.

Input would be great.  Thanks!

Katy
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can always apply for the state medicaid i was. Your age and no parental support either and u should still be able to see your regular OBGYN good luck on ur new joy
Helpful - 0
7458937 tn?1391882099
Will my parents be notified if I do so? Thank you so much! I've been told since I was 12 I'd never have children. A surprise, but a good one.
Helpful - 0
7510877 tn?1393183298
Hey I'm 17 same as you, I went to planned parenthood they do the testing your parents aren't notified they just ask for their number just in case of emergency but you don't have to put the real one lol. You should be taken care of by any doctor without having to go with your parents. But apply for the medicaid for pregnant women don't waste money that you can save for your baby later on.
Helpful - 0
I have medicaid. Talk to your doctor's office and ask which type they take then apply online.
Helpful - 0
What state do you live in a lot of states consider 17 an adult so they wouldn't notify your parents. Thy can't legally because of hippa laws
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.