17 and Pregnant. No parental support. ?

I was just sitting here thinking about having to make appointments soon. I was planning on going to my regular OB (I have no insurance) and was ready to pay 1000+$ out of pocket for the 1st visit.  But with all this new Obamacare stuff, can I do that? My parents won't get involved.  The father can support us and bills and whatnot. We absolutely plan on keeping the baby.

Basically I need pros and cons to planned parenthood or local resource clinics. I'd rather go to my regular OB but I don't know exactly what ACA involves or what my choices are.

Input would be great.  Thanks!

Katy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can always apply for the state medicaid i was. Your age and no parental support either and u should still be able to see your regular OBGYN good luck on ur new joy
Helpful - 0
Will my parents be notified if I do so? Thank you so much! I've been told since I was 12 I'd never have children. A surprise, but a good one.
Helpful - 0
Hey I'm 17 same as you, I went to planned parenthood they do the testing your parents aren't notified they just ask for their number just in case of emergency but you don't have to put the real one lol. You should be taken care of by any doctor without having to go with your parents. But apply for the medicaid for pregnant women don't waste money that you can save for your baby later on.
Helpful - 0
I have medicaid. Talk to your doctor's office and ask which type they take then apply online.
Helpful - 0
What state do you live in a lot of states consider 17 an adult so they wouldn't notify your parents. Thy can't legally because of hippa laws
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community