Aa
A
A
A
Close
Baby Products Community
5.09k Members

Baby clothes

Im half ways thru my pregnancy. I want to buy clothes but i know that the baby will grow out of newborn clothes fast. So what do i buy?
6 Responses
Buy 0-3 my baby girl left all her newborn clothing brand new , she didn't fit in it , she was 8lbs , and yu shud get used baby clothes Becuase they don't always wear them or prob once , they out grow everything fast !!!
Oh and not always the size on the tag will go with her age , my daughter is almost 6 months an she wears 6-9 months and 12 months all depends on the brand really but once yur baby is here Yull know exactly what size to get :)
61536 tn?1340698163
My babies never wore newborn sizes, but they were nearly 9 and 10 pounds when they were born.  My favorite baby clothing item was the pack of gowns.  They made diaper changes a breeze and they fit for a long time.  Congratulations!
1160986 tn?1486819725
My little girl was premature and really small so needed preemie clothes then newborn but I agree that most babies would do well with 0-3 months. Get mostly onesies and sleepers though as this is all they wear at first!! Good luck.
1779215 tn?1349137570
My baby girl was 7 pounds 1 ounce at birth and she wore newborn size until a month in a half...she's 2 months and she weights 10 pounds 15 ounces and just started wearing 0-3 and still big in certain brands and styles. Like hopefulcb said onesies and sleepers is all they wear at first. Good luck :)
1755745 tn?1313367131
My baby pretty much lived in sleepers for the first two months. I preferred the ones that zipped--you'll appreciate this when you're blurry-eyed at 3 am! Gerber brand makes good ones. Also as stated above, don't buy  too many newborn stuff as you may have a baby that grows out quickly. Mine was out of newborn stuff within 3 weeks or so. I'd buy 6-7 newborn sleepers and ask for more stuff sized 0-3, 3 month. Personally, I mostly use onesies and stretchy pants that are easy to pull off and on rather than some of the more fussy gear. Target brand (Circo) is pretty good and the sizing is good for this sort of thing, I've found.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.