Bad diaper rash

What is the best diaper rash cream and about how long does it take to heal if using it???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Coconut oil works extremely well
Helpful - 4
I agree coconut oil is the best thing you will see healing almost immediately
I say A&D ointment
Works within the next diaper chang.. Apply it thick so the pee can't penetrate i,, watch it clear instantly
Helpful - 2
Pour your breast milk on ur breast butt and let it air dry that helps alot
Helpful - 1
Baby not breast
I agree A&D ointment I swear by it
Helpful - 1
We use something called Booty Balm.  It is in a blue container (not tube). It works right away.  My daughter's rash was always gone by the next diaper change.  You pretty much can only get it online.  It's not cheap, but you barely need any and it doesn't go bad.  We got an 8oz container when my daughter was born, there is still some in the container and she is 3 now.
Helpful - 0
Correction.  It is a 0.8oz container that lasted this long.
Use anything with the most zinc you can find in it. Extra strength desitin works wonderfully and even my Kiddo's worst rashes (she has a super sensitive hiney) are cleared up within a couple days
Helpful - 0
My doctor would prescribe Hydrocortisone Cream and it worked better than all products I've tried.
Helpful - 0
Well it kind of depends on what kind of rash it is and how bad it is.
Helpful - 0
I used eucerin aquaphor on my 3 year old when she was a baby and I got fast results... I love it, I will be using it again for my 2nd baby to prevent diaper rash
Helpful - 0
I'm in the uk so I'm not sure if you have it but it's called metanium. And it is great it works by the time you change into the the nappy.
Helpful - 0
I agree A&D ointment used with both kids
Helpful - 0
Vaseline works great and after the rash is gone if you still put Vaseline on the baby it keeps the rash from coming back
Helpful - 0
Aquaphor is great
Helpful - 0
It's called butt past in a yellow & white tube, it worked for my babies in a bout 1 day. I warn you not to use desitin because it can make diaper rash worse, doctor told me and I experienced it with both my babies.  If what I recommended doesn't work try going to your doctor and ask for "poop goop", also ask the doctor if he thinks it could be a yeast rash. If it's a yeast rash diaper rash creams & ointments will make it worse and it won't clear up.
Helpful - 0
Try bathing the baby for an extended amount of time in warm soapy water (use a hypoallergenic soap) and then use rash creme. Lather it on thick. This helped me a lot! I found that the creme really didn't make as much a difference than the extended bath.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community