Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Breast Pump

I'm a first time mom & I want to try to breast feed as long as possible. Best brand of breast pump..electric or manual?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well breast pumps aren't really necessary but nice to have sometimes. Especially crowning on your situation. Like will you be returning work? I was able to get the medela pump in style double electric pump free through my ins. It was very simple and arrived at my house just a few days after I placed the order! Haven't used it yet but it seems to be the best rated and most suggested pump on the market.
Helpful - 0
I'll be returning to work after maternity leave which I believe is 6 weeks.
Helpful - 0
Then I would definitely suggest an electric double pump :-) look into the medela and call your ins to see what they cover :-)
Helpful - 0
Okay thanks! & i never knew that ins covered things like that!! :)
Helpful - 0
Some ins covers them some dont. Mine wont even cover a single manual so any I buy is out of pocket
Helpful - 0
I have the medela pump in style and I love it. My daughter is only 10 days old and I'm not going back to work until April but I still pump twice a day and I love it!
Helpful - 0
Check with your insurance! A lot of times they will give you a good name brand breast pump for free! I got mine in the mail last week. I got a manual one because I figured it would be easier on me
Helpful - 0
Medela electric double pump I nursed for 121/2 months with first. But I needed it when I had to much milk. It is more like the hospital pumps.
Helpful - 0
Talk to your ensurance most cover breast pumps
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.