Breast Pump

I'm a first time mom & I want to try to breast feed as long as possible. Best brand of breast pump..electric or manual?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well breast pumps aren't really necessary but nice to have sometimes. Especially crowning on your situation. Like will you be returning work? I was able to get the medela pump in style double electric pump free through my ins. It was very simple and arrived at my house just a few days after I placed the order! Haven't used it yet but it seems to be the best rated and most suggested pump on the market.
Helpful - 0
I'll be returning to work after maternity leave which I believe is 6 weeks.
Helpful - 0
Then I would definitely suggest an electric double pump :-) look into the medela and call your ins to see what they cover :-)
Helpful - 0
Okay thanks! & i never knew that ins covered things like that!! :)
Helpful - 0
Some ins covers them some dont. Mine wont even cover a single manual so any I buy is out of pocket
Helpful - 0
I have the medela pump in style and I love it. My daughter is only 10 days old and I'm not going back to work until April but I still pump twice a day and I love it!
Helpful - 0
Check with your insurance! A lot of times they will give you a good name brand breast pump for free! I got mine in the mail last week. I got a manual one because I figured it would be easier on me
Helpful - 0
Medela electric double pump I nursed for 121/2 months with first. But I needed it when I had to much milk. It is more like the hospital pumps.
Helpful - 0
Talk to your ensurance most cover breast pumps
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community