A
A
A
Close
Baby Products Community
5.09k Members

Breast milk.

Hello,
I am 23 weeks and I would like to pump milk for my second baby. Only thing is with my first daughter I couldn't provide any milk but this pregnancy my left nipple has started leaking a bit. I didn't have that with my first. Is there anything I can do to encourage my boobs to provide milk? Thanks :)
7 Responses
12584065 tn?1436324114
At the moment, just continue eaying a balanced diet and drink lots of water but theres not much you can do until shes born. Once she is born, do lots of skin to skin contact, continue a well balanced diet, LOTS of fluids, and try to rest when you can. Theres a tea u can buy called fenugreek to help boost the supply if ur having trouble. I found that eating a great breakfast to start my day helped a lot. Oatmeal, a fruit, and toast is was I stuck to most days. Oatmeal really seemed to get things flowing. Take care
Thank you destynee2015 xx
Mother's milk tea
4268628 tn?1375044776
And the Tra tastes gross, so you may want to mix in some fruit or something else, just a heads up ;) also oatmeal is good for building supply. Look up recipes for lactation cookies.
4268628 tn?1375044776
THe *tea tastes gross...sorry I am on my phone...so typos galore.
I just went for Babies R Us breastfeeding class. They talked about some cookies that help you produce lots of milk. The presenter sweared by them, she said she had even more than her baby needed. I forgot what they are called by Im sure you can go to the store and ask.
Stay away from peppermint, it can reduce your milk. Dill can boost your milk supply. There are others but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.