Baby Products Community

Cloth diapers

Has anyone tried or have experience with cloth diapers. I am still considering trying them but I am a little lost and could use any help or suggestions?
Ive heard theyre great. I apst did it until my husband reminded me my hate for laundry. But as long as you have the time then its amazing for the enviroment and less costly to you.
My main concern is how bad disposables are. I use disposable with my first but he's trying to potty train. I've never had any problems with him he's never had diaper rash and he's almost 2. I am just considering it but I don't want to get in over my head. I think I am going to try a few and see. I am worried about cleaning them and idk anything about them I've been reading I'm just unsure.
Yeah that was my issue getting in over my head. I really hate laundry so that is a big issue for me. And if you work it will be difficult. Just research how to use them and what you need and how to clean them and you decide.
I had a friend that wanted to use them but she and her husband work so it was time consuming but she did find organic diapers that are biodegradable after time because shes earth friendly but theyre probably expensive i never asked or looked onto it because im on a serious budget.
I don't plan on working it depends. We are budget friendly as well so I know it would save money but even not working time is hard lol
I considered it because they make like a liner that you can pull out and it's biodegradable, so it's like a hybrid of a disposable and cloth, but our water pump took a poop and we would have to drill a new well to have 24/7 water. So we have to be water conscious. Only have one water thing running at a time. Look into the hybrid ones, they may be something you'd like because it's not as much washing if you can do disposable liners inside.
I have friends who love and swear by them. Living with my in-laws I'm not going to deal with coordinating laundry like that, but the ones that I've seen and felt look great and I'm told work great. Even if you just buy 3 or 4 you can save a lot of money since they are reusable.  I've also been told that there are fewer emergency explosions as well and so maybe having a few handy for longer car rides or bouts of sickness could help.
I found everything I need for them really cheap on wish so I bought a few to try and decide if I'm going to get more but for everything my total cost is about 150$ that's for 34 diapers 40 inserts and 200 sheets of disposable liners. I will probably do it since I found them so cheap I'll be saving crazy money.
I used to babysit for a lady who used reuseable diapers and I hated them! The money you think you save by not buying disposable diapers, you end up spending in water, soap, and bleach to wash them. You don't save that much. It's extra work and extremely inconvenient when you're on the go, around town, or traveling. I have two kids and a baby on the way and personally will never use resuables!!! But more power to those who make that choice. Disposables have me sold :) I buy dollar brand so I never spent that much on diapers. Good luck!
I'm Dying This Is Actually Funny for Me Cause My Uncle Asked Me " U Gone Let Me watch Ur Baby " I'm Like No U don't Know How to Watch Kids! He says Yes i do I Watched U & U Never had a Problem Not Even when  U Ran Out Of Pampers. Before I Could Say Anything he Yelled " CLOTH DIAPERS " I'M Like what's that Lol I Really didn't Know I Know Now tho.. I Wanted to Try myself lol
COMMUNITY LEADER
I LOVE cloth. They are a little bit more high maintenance, but save you so much money.. plus have re-sale value. I suggest doing your research bc there are so many styles. Most people use pockets but I personally HATE them. They are a lot of extra work bc you have to stuff them. The cheapest way to cloth is to use covers and flour sack towels. I got on a diaper swap site and purchased a bunch of pre loved diapers to see if I liked them. check out fluffloveuniversity.com. Great resource
Thank you!  Right now she is tiny and the ones I have adjust but I haven't tried them yet bc I got a deal on disposables I'm using for now.
i waited until my son was 2 months bc I got a lot of negative feedback from family when I mentioned them, but I am so glad I made the switch. A lot of the diapers are one size with the rise adjustment. It's wonderful. My son will be in the same diapers until we potty train and my next baby will wear them as well. So it really stretches your dollar.. sorry I tend to go on about cloth lol
Brand is not the main issue, you just have to be sure that your baby wont get any rashes or allergy.  
I've got 2 in cloth diapers at the moment. We use cloth about 75% of the time. We like Huggies overnight disposables b/c they both pee a LOT, and we use store brand disposables for travel and church nursery and occasionally when all the diapers are in the wash.
Cheapo cloth diapers from amazon have worked great so far. You can get like 6 with double inserts for $30. I don't find the laundry hard to manage - it's only like 2 more loads a week. There's pros and cons for sure, but I love the money saving factor. And they're super cute!
I have a 2yr old that I've used modern cloth on since leaving hospital with him. And definitely love them.
I will be using them with this one when he/she arrives too.
I saw a picture the other day from a MCN company that showed 1 years worth of disposable against 1 year of MCN, how much landfill disposables make(mountainous) in comparison to 20-40 modern cloth.