Diaper Rash!

My little one has a really red bottom, I've used desitin, vasiline, baby powder etc. Nothing helps. Help please!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sometimes diaper rash can get so serious the pediatrician should see it.  If the child has open sores on his or her bottom, it might be time to call in at the doctor.  I used to have pretty good luck with some of the creams meant for yeast-based infections, but you need to ask your pedi.
Helpful - 0
Try letting your baby soak in a bath with 2 tbsp of baking soda. Also dont use wipes until it heals, use a warm washcloth after every change. I use aquaphor baby for rashes. Also, idk if your breastfeeding but breastmilk works great. Dab it on her bottom and let it air dry.
Helpful - 0
Hope baby gets better. I hear that regular diapers are so laden with chemicals (how else do they soak up so much urine in those gels) that rashes can be frequent and baby could be allergic/sensitive to the chemicals. Maybe change to a more natural/green diaper or cloth diaper as well?
Helpful - 0
Make sure baby air dries between changes. We've used butt paste and coconut oil. Once it dries, put some paste on and then seal it with desitin. My daughter has super sensative skin and reflux so we are prone to bad blistering  bottoms. The bath will help as posted above for a short term help. My hubby has a tendency of not making sure her bottom is dry before putting the diaper on so that doesn't help either. If you can, let them go bare bottomed for a few hours at a time. It can help as well.
Helpful - 0
Cornstarch works well
Helpful - 0
I tried all the other stuff too with no luck. Very successful with Aquaphor and then sprinkle cornstarch. Does need to be healed first though.
Helpful - 0
Try vitacilina ointment works great you can see it get much better in hours, I had the same problem with my lo and that's the only thing that worked for us its amazing!..
Helpful - 0
Air dry between diapers, even if it means baby gets carted around half naked or pees on you accidently. It won't heal unless it has the chance to dry. I use Penaten cream , a thick layer of white barrier ointment and it works well.
Helpful - 0
I love Aquaphor for my kids but it might be the wipes your using. If you go to target they that all natural wipes. The best one I found is waterwipes they don't have any chemicals just soft wipes in water.
Helpful - 0
Both my boys had bad diaper rashes as newborns. Dr told me to let bottom get some air. So lay them with a bare bottom on like a puppy pad or thick towel and let the bottom get as much air as you can. Also coconut oil or aquaphor helped some. Tripple paste is good but super expensive. Baby might be sensitive to diapers or wipes. My Dr also told me to use a wet rag and no commercial wipes. The chemicals can irritate their bottom.  
Helpful - 0
First,  please stop applying baby powder. That will make it worse.  Try A & D ointment it works wonders.  Sounds like your baby has natural moisturized skin. Take her to the pediatrician to be seen. Zinc also helps heal if its really bad. Gluck
Helpful - 0
Columbia Antiseptic powder
Buy it online at amazon etc.
I would apply to baby's  red bottom in evening and by morning all better. GREAT STUFF
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community