Baby Products Community

Diapers

I'm planning to buy 480 of the size N and about 400 of the size 2.  

How many diapers in average a baby uses?  
DO NOT buy that many newborns. Babies hardly stay in that size for maybe more than a month normally. 1&2 are better sizes to bulk on. ESPECIALLY because you don't know how big your baby will be or how quick they'll grow. My son came out 7.1 full term and actually fit preemie diapers better for a couple weeks & new borns for about a month n a half. My only other suggestion would be to check with the store you're buying from and make sure they will exchange boxes for the same price without a receipt.
I agree don't buy newborn!
I am a ftm, and I was told not to buy too many newborns, so I would buy small packages of newborns in different brands
Too many newborns diapers*
I agree with the ladies above! Mine came out 9.15 and couldn't fit newborn. She went straight to size 1. Dont stalk up to much :)
Also keep in mind that each brand of diaper is going to fit each baby differently. My son always peed out of huggies but luvs/pampers worked perfect for him
You also should consider the babys skin being sensitive to certain brands. Dont buy too many of until you see the skins response.
If you haven't had a shower wait, i didn't buy diapers til my daughter was almost 9 months old...a blessing! Plus you never know how big baby will be or if you will be able to use certain brand due to sensitivity.
I agree do not buy that many newborn.  I used only 2 packs (100 total)of newborn before my baby grew out of that size. Then I used about 6 or 7 (300-500)packs of size 1. Now my baby is 6 months and still in size2
I bought a pack of 200 newborns just cause it was on sale and if I don't Finish it than no big deal. But I stacked up on 1 and 2. If by chance my son who they are predicting to be big ends up needing more newborn than its easy enough to buy more. But like other posters said I would rather buy a few small packages and either need to buy more and exchange them for larger sizes
Also,
You can exchange unopened packs to Walmart,  you just have to choose the same brand (and pack or box) but u can get a bigger size diaper.

Check the return policies with other store, they all differ.
:))
I would buy more size 1s than newborn as well. They do go through about a dozen diapers a day though. I always up diaper sizes as soon as I can and 1s start 8lbs. So within 2 or 3 weeks (if not earlier) I use size 1s. (Small diapers = leaking and overflow)