Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Does formula expire?

I wanted to start putting cans away early to kinda stock up a Lil.. But was curious does it expire ?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It does expire. Non-returnable & u probably won't kno what type is best on ur babies tummy until it gets here. We had to switch 4 times b4 the Dr found a good fit. I say stock up on diapers & wipes!
Helpful - 2
9442948 tn?1406816451
Because formula expires how about making a little savings acct/piggy bank with formula money in it. The cash won't expire and once you know what kind baby will use after birth you can buy in bulk
Helpful - 2
I say don't do it because you don't really know what formula baby will use
Helpful - 2
Maybe instead of stocking up, just get a visa gift card and put $50 to $100 on it every month.  That way you'll have a "stockpile" but you can get whatever formula works and won't have to worry about expiration.
Helpful - 0
Some stores WILL allow u to return formula, unopened with receipt for a gift card, iv done it. Formula doesnt generally expire for 12-18 months so u can stock up but make sure u rotate the cans
Helpful - 0
9358102 tn?1418673367
I would say don't stock up. It does not expire. Plus what if you breastfeed only then you would of bought it for nothing.
Helpful - 0
You can totally stock up, just don't go super nuts and keep receipts so IF baby needs a different type then you bought you can exchange it.
Helpful - 0
1 Comments
Formula you cant return to store
13167 tn?1327194124
Yes,  formula does expire.  They have an expiration date on the label.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.