Does formula expire?

I wanted to start putting cans away early to kinda stock up a Lil.. But was curious does it expire ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It does expire. Non-returnable & u probably won't kno what type is best on ur babies tummy until it gets here. We had to switch 4 times b4 the Dr found a good fit. I say stock up on diapers & wipes!
Helpful - 2
Because formula expires how about making a little savings acct/piggy bank with formula money in it. The cash won't expire and once you know what kind baby will use after birth you can buy in bulk
Helpful - 2
I say don't do it because you don't really know what formula baby will use
Helpful - 2
Maybe instead of stocking up, just get a visa gift card and put $50 to $100 on it every month.  That way you'll have a "stockpile" but you can get whatever formula works and won't have to worry about expiration.
Helpful - 0
Some stores WILL allow u to return formula, unopened with receipt for a gift card, iv done it. Formula doesnt generally expire for 12-18 months so u can stock up but make sure u rotate the cans
Helpful - 0
I would say don't stock up. It does not expire. Plus what if you breastfeed only then you would of bought it for nothing.
Helpful - 0
You can totally stock up, just don't go super nuts and keep receipts so IF baby needs a different type then you bought you can exchange it.
Helpful - 0
Formula you cant return to store
Yes,  formula does expire.  They have an expiration date on the label.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community