Grow bag vs blanket?

This is my first baby and I am not sure if to buy baby grow bag or a blanket for sleeping. DD is end of october so I keep thinking maybe blanket migh be better as I can cover baby's arms too if its cooler. Any advice ladies? X
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I swaddled for the first 2 to 3 months then switched to a bag. I have bags of all sizes and thickness for the different seasons. My girl is 2 years old now  and still sleeps better and more securely in a bag. I got the toddler version of the bags where their feet poke through.
Helpful - 0
I used both. Newborn was definitely just swaddled but there are some bags that are snug as well that we transitioned to shortly after. And depends on your baby. I know some ladies that had babies that hated being swaddled and those who had babies that seemed never to grow out of wanting to be swaddled.
Helpful - 0
Get blankets at 1st. Get a sleep bag/sack when the baby is 4/6 months old (really when the baby starts rolling & kicking). You can get the swaddle sleep bags. Although I never liked them & all 3 of my babies never liked being in a full swaddle by 1month. To keep them warm get some fleece sleepers pjs. Also I love to get the large Aiden & Anis muslin blankets (they are a little pricier but last forever bcuz they're so big). I swaddle the baby in the muslin blanket then put a warmer blanket over.
Helpful - 0
Used both.  The sleep bag is nice once they start kicking blankets off.  It's not good to keep swaddling once they're rolling & kicking but definitely swaddle in early weeks. They make zipper bags with long sleeves too. I always dress him I n a sleeper at night though so sleeveless bag works best for him.
Helpful - 0
Honestly i wouldnt get the bag because newborns like to be wrapped up tightly like a little burrito(swaddling). Not all babies like to be swaddled, but most do to feel secure like in the womb. I would just buy swaddling blankets or receiving blankets to use.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community