Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Grow bag vs blanket?

This is my first baby and I am not sure if to buy baby grow bag or a blanket for sleeping. DD is end of october so I keep thinking maybe blanket migh be better as I can cover baby's arms too if its cooler. Any advice ladies? X
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I swaddled for the first 2 to 3 months then switched to a bag. I have bags of all sizes and thickness for the different seasons. My girl is 2 years old now  and still sleeps better and more securely in a bag. I got the toddler version of the bags where their feet poke through.
Helpful - 0
4268628 tn?1375041176
I used both. Newborn was definitely just swaddled but there are some bags that are snug as well that we transitioned to shortly after. And depends on your baby. I know some ladies that had babies that hated being swaddled and those who had babies that seemed never to grow out of wanting to be swaddled.
Helpful - 0
Get blankets at 1st. Get a sleep bag/sack when the baby is 4/6 months old (really when the baby starts rolling & kicking). You can get the swaddle sleep bags. Although I never liked them & all 3 of my babies never liked being in a full swaddle by 1month. To keep them warm get some fleece sleepers pjs. Also I love to get the large Aiden & Anis muslin blankets (they are a little pricier but last forever bcuz they're so big). I swaddle the baby in the muslin blanket then put a warmer blanket over.
Helpful - 0
Used both.  The sleep bag is nice once they start kicking blankets off.  It's not good to keep swaddling once they're rolling & kicking but definitely swaddle in early weeks. They make zipper bags with long sleeves too. I always dress him I n a sleeper at night though so sleeveless bag works best for him.
Helpful - 0
12584065 tn?1436320514
Honestly i wouldnt get the bag because newborns like to be wrapped up tightly like a little burrito(swaddling). Not all babies like to be swaddled, but most do to feel secure like in the womb. I would just buy swaddling blankets or receiving blankets to use.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.