Aa
A
A
A
Close
Baby Products Community
5.09k Members

Help

Can Anybody Give Me A List That I Need Before I Have My Baby, I Wanna Make Sure I'm Not Missing Anything
3 Responses
I'm pretty minimalist on baby stuff. I'm due with number 3 soon and learned with babies 1 and 2 what I didn't need or use.

Sleepers and onesies are all my newborns wear. Too much trouble dressing them in anything else.  
I breastfeed so I don't know what all you need for bottle feeding.

6-8 sleepers and onesies
Socks
Car seat
Baby carrier (I like the moby)
Swing
Bed
Blankets
Receiving blankets
Diapers and wipes

Thank you.
I think all you really need is a car seat, sleepers/onesies, blankets, diapers, wipes, and a way to feed baby.

But there are things that are really nice to have: a place for baby to sleep (I have a pack n play & a bassinet), a baby bath tub, baby wash/lotion/creams, baby wash cloths, hooded towels, baby monitor, stroller, baby carrier or wrap, shopping cart cover, sound machine, some sort of toy for baby to jingle/rattle and something to chew on, baby laundry detergent, stain remover, diaper bag, portable changing mat, baby first aid kit, high chair, tummy time mat or activity mat, swing or bouncer or both.  When baby is a little older a jumperoo or an exersaucer might be nice to have. As well as safety stuff for the house (outlet covers, door handle covers, baby gate, etc.).

There is seriously so much stuff out there! Just go with your gut and don't feel like you have to buy everything before baby is here- the stores will still have it!
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.