Baby Products Community

Pillow to prevent flat heads ?? Work or no

OK so I'm only a couple week's into my pregnancy but I was looking into beds and all the normal stuff but I found this pillow that is supposed to help your baby not get a flat head. It's a pillow that ha's a slight back raise but still keeps the baby In place but my question is has any one tried these ? Are they real?fake ? Good ? Bad ?  
Those are actually used more for babies with acid reflux. Any baby laying on their back has a possibility of flat head, but as long as they get their bit of tummy time or even baby carried, held, etc, they should be fine.
Also, if you bottle feed make sure to feed from both sides, otherwise they develop a flat spot on the side that lies against u. Babies that are properly doted on seldom have this issue...its a lot more common with ones who are left to cry, not played with, held often, etc.
Not true ^ my son has torticollis which he got in the womb (its a weak muscle on one side of the neck) and because of this weak muscle he didn't move his head in his sleep so one side because flat. He was always a good sleeper so it became a problem and we needed to get him a helmet. He also had reflux and was very fussy so he was held majority of the time. So its jot because he wasn't held, lack of education in this subject always iritates me. But as far as the pillow, if your baby is rotating his/her head and has a variety of other positions he/she should be fine but the pillows do work if truly needed!
My son was also in physical therapy and had to ve in it from 5 months to a year because thats how long it took to correct.
for us we always made sure to turn his head a bit when he would sleep to prevent flat head. we didn't start using a pillow with him until he was about 7-8 months old. and even then it was a soft pillow, he didn't sleep with it at night.
After my son started getting a flat spot because he favored one side while sleeping I would use the pillow during the day if he was laying on his playmat or in his swing. I made sure to give him lots of tummy time and hold him in a carrier often to keep his head off a surface. It went away on its own, but the pillow made me feel like I was trying to prevent it from getting worse so I'd definitely use it again.
He doesn't need a pillow, but swop which way round he sleeps in his bed each night and also which way he lies when you change him.  Otherwise they spend a lot of time lying down looking in the same direction.
COMMUNITY LEADER
babies will start to get flat spots. I switch the side my son lays on aqnd do a lot of tummy time so he isnt on his back as much