Please no bashing! #Marijuana

I am 33 week's pregnant with my 3rd child. I am completely miserable by now.  I have had Polyhydraminos with all three pregnancies. Only the first was caused by gestational diabetes. This pregnancy, &* my last had/have no explanation. My fluid level as of now is 32. That with the fact that he has settled down,  my hips &* back are causing extreme pain. The baby boy I am carrying now is perfectly healthy, far as we can tell. This pregnancy has gone by with no complications. I have always battled with depression, &* bipolar disorder.  I am very against medication in general (unless needed) while I'm not pregnant;  even more so during! I have battled morning sickness, &* nausea the whole time. There for I never have an appetite. Insomnia has been a problem from the beginning with the pregnancy, &* has increased the further along I am. * The only thing that helps is the occasional joint. I have been a marijuana smoker for well into 10 year's. Please no bashing; I have done an extreme amount of research. Marijuana is being legalized across the world. I see no harm at all from this plant in any form that it is used! I consider it a miracle plant. The benefits of it help tremendously in so many circumstances.  Not only with humans. Soif you don't kknow what you're talking about skip this question. No ignorance needed. My question is simple.  Do hospitals routinely run drug scans when admitted to labor &* delivery.  The reason I ask is with my first two pregnacies I had stopped smoking by 5 months. Long story short, for many reasons that didn't happen this pregnancy. I'm concerned about hospital policy. I will not risk my child being took, or any DSS involvement. I have stopped by the past week. I didn't realize just how much pain, anxiety, &* stress I would experience. I know if I talk to the Dr all they are going to do is try to prescribe medication. I'm not for that at all. HELP !!!
When I had my son ( I.don't really drink n.I.don't smoke nethin) they didn't do ne drug testing or nething n I was in for a few days before and after so there was plenty of time if they wanted to do any such tests, just be careful and take care hope this helps.
If marijuana helps I think it should be okay. The Dr told one of my friends to smoke a bowl every morning for nausea if it helped and my mom told me to the other day.. I think it's fine
I believe it is fine. It is a natural herb and is used for medicine. I don't know if you've heard of a study done in another country about mothers who smoke marijuana while pregnant. Most of the babies end up developing quicker and being extremely smart. I don't see anything wrong with it. Although I wouldn't over do it...and never wrap it in tobacco LOL
Thank yall. I'm glad there is support out there now. I just don't want there to be any legal problems far as me failing a drug test.
I knw in the state of NC it is now mandatory to drug test all mothers giving birth. Although marijuana is medicinal, it is still illegal in most states so look into it. Tht wud b horrible if it happened to u.
I'm not for it one bit, but it's ultimately your choice. However its not so much the actual drug being bad, it's the smoke you consume. It still reaches You and the little one CAN develop lung problems, and no,  it doesn't make babys grow faster or smarter. However I hope you feel better girl:) &before you do it just consult your doctor(:
I have been smoking for 15 years. I am only 5 weeks into my pregnancy and I know that as soon as I hit my Bowl my nausea goes away immediately. I had a friend who recently had a baby. She smoked the entire time. They prescribed her the strongest anti nausea medicine and wouldn't work like the marijuana did. They did drug test her baby but I'm pretty sure it was because she was a recovering pill addict and was prescribed to subutex while she was pregnant. I think they were testing the levels of the subutex to make sure she wasn't abusing them or taking any painpills. I really think they only drug screen if they have a reason to think you are doing anything. She told her doctor it was the only thing that helped with her morning sickness and he told her to do what worked for her. I know dss did get in touch with her but they dropped it. Like I said though. I really think they test recovering addicts or people they know are doing things.
Might I add that no matter how many different opinions you get, you may have a completely different experience with the law and dss.... so pleaaaase consult your dr. I really really hope all goes good with you :( with sickness and your little one!
My sister smoked marihuana the whole way through her pregnancy and had no problems with births or children and they did not drug test her for anythink like that x
If ur on Medicaid they are gonna start doing drug test.
I smoked my entire pregnancy with my son who is now 8 months and was born healthy. And I am pregnant again. It really helps you sleep better as you get further into your pregnancy. It also helps with nausea in the beginning of your pregnancy.  :) good luck!!
They drug test your baby in Michigan just stop smoking as soon as possible
Depending on your health care coverage and state you live in/deliver in.. will depend on if your baby is drug tested...

I know my insurence coveraged it is manditory drug testing everytime i am seen by my doctor becuz I've smoked marijuana since I was 11.. I know if n when I have my child they will test my baby for any substance becuz I have had thc in my system for prier tests taken... it isn't bad if you have thc in your system HOW EVER if your baby is born with thc in their system dhs is manditory to be involved... I know this becuz my insurence
Is a manditory reporter for any illegal substance used...

Which true ly flippen ***** becuz marijuana is one of my number one helpers to keep my food down
Jeez I was wondering the same. Weed is legal in washington, I smoke for insomnia and my anxiety/ocd. Ihave Molina its a type of Medicaid. I'm at the point where I need to stop so its out of my system before ny sons born but Idk what they do when its legal!?
Oh wow totally learnt alot from reading this post and comments
Thank yall very much
Every state and hospital is different some drug test your bby and some dont, need to find out ...I knew a lady that smoke weed her whole pregnancy and when she gave birth the doc tested her bby and wouldn't let her take her bby home cause the bby had weed in him. They called child service and wouldnt let her take her bby home less she was living with someone that wasn't smoking weed , the lady was living wit my aunt at the time my aunt don't smoke so they let her go home wit her but not tell after they tested my aunt and went to my aunt house to look around to see if it was a safe interment for the bby...so just be careful and do ur research ...I use to smoke weed too but i just prefer not to when im prego but thats just me... but the smell is sooooo horrible to me while prego I feel like throwing up wen i smell it it didn't smell the same, my bf smokes I hate the way his clothes and breathe smell when he's done it just doesn't smell the same
It doesn't matter if the your state has weed legal because it being legal means you are over 18 with a card to smoke but when your bby comes out your bby is a new born they don't care if you have a weed card they will find a way to say child endangerment so be careful ladies
Every doctors ive been to in maine makes u pee in a cup BEFORE ur visit and its for drug screenING. and ive also heard if your latE on ur due date and u feel the contractions but bothing is happening. Take a puff of marijuana. It will calm you and the baby so there not much pain but still contractions. Best of luck to yoh
Becareful beacuase when the baby is Born They Can Find Drugs In the babys System and take ur baby Away

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community