Question of the Month August 2013

What's one item you purchased or received as a gift that didn't live up to the reviews you read online?  Also, please let us know why.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's comments!

We had a jungle themed bouncy seat that my first absolutely hated. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but she would scream and cry any time I tried to put her in it. We gave it away and the other kid had no issues with it.
Same happened to me quite a few years ago!
TOMMEE TIPPEE bottles....I hated them, I breastfed my baby but also pumped ....these bottles don't have a slow drip as advertised it's as slow as any other bottle..my baby still choked on milk coming out too fast....you can't just pull the nipple through the ring there are two noches and you have to position them just so....don't have time for that...stop telling new moms it's the closest thing to a breast....it's as close as any bottle baby doesn't care about the shape it's the feel of silicon that they don't like...plus every breast and nipple are shaped different so moms that breastfed their babies in the beginning will have a hard time switching to a bottle no matter the shape....then comes the shape of the bottle it is round and when it's full it may not be a problem but as your baby drinks and there is less milk in the bottle it sits in that round part and you have to keep tipping the bottle to 90 degrees to get the milk to the nipple
BABY BULLET....what a waste of your time money and space....it is made out of cheap plastic that scratched after first use....the silicon tray for freezing baby food is poorly designed it is one piece for six portions and when you try to get one out you have to take the whole thing out of the freezer and don't think you can pop one out..nooo..you need strenght that human doesn't possess so you try to dip the bittom in a warm water to loosen it but good luck with that because you are trting to do this without dipping the other five portions too....you are much better off buying munchkin brand at target individual silicon containers and using your own blender
BIBS WITH PICTURE DESIGN....stay away from these that stupid picture makes the bib stiff and hard...I like to use bib to wipe my baby's mouth....can't do that with stupid reindeer quadruple sewn onto the bib
BABY MITTENS. ...does anybody have a baby who's mittens stay on longer than three seconds .....not my babies I used regular baby socks to put on their hands and protect them from scratches
BABY BATHROBE. ...really!!?? If there's a mom out there that uses this regularly I would like to hear from you
ANY CLOTHING ITEM WITH MORE THAN THREE SNAP BUTTONS....and I'm talking about those one piece sleepies....which by the way your baby will spend first two months in....get the ones wirh zipper...you'll know what I'm talking about when you are changing your baby's poopy diaper at two in the morning and you are snapping away for what it seems like eternity just to realize that you missed a button
@Ennya

im glad u said something about the BABY BULLET. i recieved one at my baby shower and havent used it yet bc im still prego (37weeks3days). but i dont wanna waste time on something that doesnt work.
@chickenlittle...that's what I was hoping for with my comments....to help any new mom weed out some bad stuff out there..I know how overwhelming it can be..I have four kids and fifth on the way..I can tell you just about any product out there :)
TOMMEE TIPPEE place mate with suction cup...
It's a little rubber place mate for toddlers and babies that are learning to feed themselves....you place a plastic bowl on the suction cup and they can't move the bowl....great concept but after my son tried to pick up the bowl and he couldn't he figured out he can pick up the whole place mate and send it flying across the room with the bowl still firmly attached to it...I normally let mykids eat with fingers off the highchair trey but I thought this woud be great to teach them to use spoon and I pit aome yogurt in the bowl....so much for that...now if your kid never figures out how to lift up the placemate it could be a good product for you
FEEDING SPOON...the one that you can fill up with baby food on one end then you put on the spoon part and you squeeze the food into the spoon....it only works good when it's full...once your baby has eaten half of it it becomes a struggle to get the food into the spoon...it's like trying to get some ketchup out of a almost empty container...you have to tip it then shake shake shake then squeeze. ..and repeat until your muscles give out...you would waste a lot of food with that spoon....now spoons that attach to baby food sold in pouches is great since you can squeeze that pouch to the last drop but if you are buying jars or making yourown food just use a bowl and spoon
Let's keep this thread going - feel free to add your ideas!

Cheryl
MH Community Mgr

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community