Baby Products Community

What do I buy?!

I'm a first time mom and I'm in my second trimester and I'm freaking out about how am I supposed to know what to buy?! What brand wipes, diapers, creams, breast pumps, bottles!!! I'm freaking out! This is sooooo much!!!
Do I have to have high end everything or are there certain things I can go cheap on?
It really depends on the baby skin.
But small quantities at first or products you can return/exchange.
This is what we use:
Huggies naturals wipes
Target Up&Up diapers
Cetaphil creme (as my baby gets eczema)
Burt's bees body wash
Bellema melon double pump (Medela is good too, Bellema was just cheaper for me and I actually like it a lot. You need to order your pump through insurance before the baby is born - it should cover most of the cost. Make sure you call them soon as it takes some time to receive it)
Dr Brown bottles - they minimize the amount of air baby ***** in when feeding
Aden&Anais swaddle muslin blankets!!! A must for me!
Halo sleepsacks! Also a must (don't buy newborn size though as it will only last you a few weeks)

Hope that helps.. You can also register at Target, BabiesRUs, and BuyBuyBaby - when you do so in store, they'll give a goodie bag (bottle, nipples, creme, diapers, wipes samples, etc. + coupons). I'd recommend doing that. They'll also give a printout with of 'necessary' and 'additional' items your baby will need. Very useful!

Good luck!
That was extremely helpful!!! Thank you sooooo much!! Your awesome!
Hey its okay im here to help you, checkout the links below maybe you would find something good

Pampers Extra Large Size Diaper Pants (48 Count) - http://amzn.to/2gqV70k

MamyPoko Large Size Pants (64 Count) - http://amzn.to/2gqXakU

Himalaya Herbals Baby Lotion (400ml) - http://amzn.to/2fvTS3b

Amardeep and Co Toddler Mattress with Mosquito Net - http://amzn.to/2fw0QVR

Amardeep and Co Baby Sleeping Bag *** Baby Carry Bag - http://amzn.to/2gQFG5b

Adjustable Hands-Free 4-in-1 Baby Carrier with Comfortable Head Support & Buckle Straps - http://amzn.to/2fvWbDo

Himalaya Herbals Babycare Gift Basket - http://amzn.to/2fZsoiA

Baby Bath Tub Foldable - http://amzn.to/2gqU5l0

Himalaya gentle Baby Wipes - http://amzn.to/2fvZs5G
Thank you so much!!! You guys are amazing!
I was pretty stressed out with my first also so we really over prepared. My essentials list for the first month would be:
Huggins newborn nappies
Any wipes brand
Dermavene cream for rashes and dry skin
Singlets (6-ish)
Baby hats
A few Onsies (best and less do good cheap ones)
Couple of pants, tops, jacket combos, go comfy over fancy.
Few pairs of socks
Muslin wrap (3-ish)
Stretchy cotton wraps (3-ish)
Cot or bassinet with good quality mattress
3 sets of sheets
2 mattress protectors
Nightlight to feed by
Feeding chair that is easy to get in and out off while carrying a baby
Pillow or blanket to rest baby on while feeding
Bottles and formula, any brand. You may or may not need it but it's nice to have it if you do. No predicting what brand your baby will prefer.
Pacifiers, any brand but age appropriate.

For yourself you may want some wet bathroom wipes, night pads, break pads, easy late feeding snacks (up & go worked for me at 3 am!) and maybe a TV series to watch while you spend countless hours feeding.

May have forgotten something in there but hope that helps. Babies don't need expensive items or cute decor and toys if it's not in the budget. Try not to stress everything can be bought at short notice :)

It's up to you and your budget how expensive you want to go...
We bought are diapers in bulk at Costco/Sams club. Huggies natural care wipes are awesome.

Just be ware the organic brands sometimes don't work as well. Diaper creams and such you don't need to buy unless baby needs it then try travel sizes to find one that works with your baby.  Different skins react differently to each cream.

I loved my Medela breast pump and avent classic bottles. My daughter didn't have any issues an they leaked the least as of all the ones we tried.

Your insurance will usually pay for all or most of certain pumps, mine let me choose my fav and ordered it next day mail to my door.

If they don't help out amazon is a great place to find deals on pumps.
Oh man with my first one I went all out but from experience it really depends on what route you take! With my daughter we used huggies natural wipes, huggies diapers, we used desitin and a AWESOME diaper rash cream called resinol. I used a hand madela pump the hospital gave me for free. We used avent bottles with her which are the bomb diggity. Over time though we went a more natural route diaper and wipes wise. I switched to cloth diapering and cloth wiping due to my daughter constantly getting rashes. She has sensitive skin, like ranch breaks her out in red splotchy skin sensitive. We loved muslin swaddling blankets. We got a 3 pack from walmart for 25 bucks. We also loved carters sleepy sacks.
If you decide to cloth I suggest bumgenius diapers and you can get cloth wipes for cheap on etsy. I use a wipe solution called baby bits from amazon :)
I have always used pampers brand diapers and store brand no scent wipes. You can try off brand diapers on your baby, neither of mine took well to off brand or huggies. In order to leave the hospital you will need a set of clothes for your baby to leave the hospital in and a car seat, doesn't matter the brand because they all have the same guidelines to follow. You can check reviews online before purchasing your car seat. If you are going to breastfeed you don't need any bottles,but if you are going to bottle feed you will need at least 2 infant bottles and boil them before use. Work on getting a crib or bassinet you won't need it instantly because your baby can sleep with you for a month or 2 before sleeping alone. When sleeping my babies with me I rolled up swaddle blankets and stuffed them up close to them so to prevent them from rolling over, but don't put anything in your babies face and don't let your baby go to sleep with a bottle in his/her mouth. Don't panic because every mom feels unprepared when we have our babies it doesn't matter if it is the first or third. Just make sure you have basics, clothes and diapers,  a seat for baby in the car, a bed for baby (doesn't need to be some expensive crib)they make play pens that have a bassinet attachment and changing table so if you have a small place I would recommend that, you will need a blanket and swaddle blankets, and formula if you are not breastfeeding and burp rags for after feeding. For bathing you need either a tub for baby or bath sling. Tear free baby wash, diaper rash cream you will have to try and see what works best for you I use desitin maximum strength and it works the same day, and some wash cloths for bathing, and some alcohol wipes for babies umbilical cord after every diaper change, do not wash babies umbilical cord with water it needs to dry up and fall off alcohol wipes will keep it clean and dry. Hope this helps god bless and lots of luck.
I've never had an issue with Huggies brand.  I would do like 6 bags of each and buy more if they haven't grown out of them. Insurances should cover a breastpump.  Talk to them hope they cover good ones. I use the medela pump in style works great but their is also the spectra which is very popular.   Receiving blankets work great and onesies. Lots of socks lol always go missing. I loved having a bassinet for baby however if your baby is big then you won't use it very long.  Baby carrier those things come in handy.  My babies have done great with reg baby shampoo but my girls needed cerave  cream for their eczema.   Oh coconut oil work great as a nipple ointment for the sensitivity. Snacks for your pumping station.  
Maybe you should buy small quantity of infant cloth first since babies grow fast and they get bigger as day pass by. From my own experience, I always buy first the nappies which are diaper cloth and carters for my baby cloth. You can also buy online cheapest brands but has a good brand as well.
For the first 6 months we used pampers and then tried other brands like huggies and walmart brand out of all the ones we tried luvs was best compared to pampers and my baby didn't have a negative reaction to them. And if you are going to have a baby shower wait until afterwards to begin your heavy shopping you might get a lot of things you need!
I have a list of things in my journal on my profile you can look it over and nit pick what you think you might need from it.