Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What to eat?

I just found out that I'm pregnant and I'm due  1/14/2015. I'm a first time mom and I'm 5 weeks 3 days I eat to know what foods I could eat.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can eat about anything but your best at eating healthy as in alot of fuirts an vegs
Helpful - 0
Eat a good source of fruit and veggies even cereal with a high folic acid percentage.  If u like liver try a couple pieces a month it makes your iron level high so does spinach and other leafy veggies
Helpful - 0
Avoid shell fish like sword fish, shark due to high amounts of mercury.  It is usually okay to eat like shrimp, salmon, catfish and tuna but limit it to once a week.  Not all health officials agree some say it's okay twice a week.  Avoid raw, uncooked or under cooked seafood and meats. Just eat lots of veggies and fruits.  It's best to ask your ob about talking with a nutritionist who can assist you with what would be best and help you with getting all the nutrition you and the little one will need.    
Helpful - 0
Fresh foods are the best avoid fast food at the beginning and eat foods high in iron and folic acid. You should avoid caffeine (soda, some ice teas like brisk, coffee and some hot teas) I was also told to lower carb intake i don't think that's a big thing. But definitely avoids caffeine and junk food.
Helpful - 0
Thank you so  much for the advice.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.