Aa
A
A
A
Close
Baby Products Community
5.09k Members

advice on breast pumps??

I get a breast pump through my insurance but someone told me I have to know what kind I want. I am going to be a first time mom and I am looking for opinions or advice on which ones are good or to avoid or otherwise incase I do have to know what kind I want. plz help
4 Responses
I'd call your insurance first. They should give you different options to select from. In my case, I had to pay deductible - its from $30 to $100+ depending on the pump. When I was in the hospital, I used Medela double pump, I think its considered one of the best. I liked it.
However, I went for a cheaper option with my insurance - Bellema Melon Double pump. Have no complaints about it either. Pretty quiet and compact, has a timer too and custom settigs which was very useful. I used it EVERY DAY AND NIGHT for about 6 month, I was exclusively pumping as my baby was a preemie.
So to sum up, I recommend both of the pumps I used. The main advice I'd give you is to make sure you get a double (not single) pump - saves you half the time, which is awesome!! As pumping in general gets very annoying after a while..
1 Comments
thank you so much :)
I loved my medela and used it for 15 months.

If your insurance gives you choices that's awesome mine had only one pump.
1 Comments
thank you :)
9358102 tn?1418673367
Check with your insurance they should  give you a list. I've used the medela pump in style with 3 breastfeeding journeys.  It works great.   I've never tried the spectra but know others that have and love it.  My insurance gave me the ameda I was super bummed about that because of the reviews.  So I didn't keep up. I invested in a medela symphony its a hospital grade and I've been using that on for about 2 years.   You can't go wrong with the medela or spectra in my opinion.   If you get the list of the pumps that they offer you can let me know and I can give you some more info.  
20134708 tn?1493077916
There's so many breast pump to choose from. I bought one in the department store and really love it.. Ask first your insurance since you can have some choices but I prefer the manual type of breast pump.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.