Baby Products Community

advice on breast pumps??

I get a breast pump through my insurance but someone told me I have to know what kind I want. I am going to be a first time mom and I am looking for opinions or advice on which ones are good or to avoid or otherwise incase I do have to know what kind I want. plz help
I'd call your insurance first. They should give you different options to select from. In my case, I had to pay deductible - its from $30 to $100+ depending on the pump. When I was in the hospital, I used Medela double pump, I think its considered one of the best. I liked it.
However, I went for a cheaper option with my insurance - Bellema Melon Double pump. Have no complaints about it either. Pretty quiet and compact, has a timer too and custom settigs which was very useful. I used it EVERY DAY AND NIGHT for about 6 month, I was exclusively pumping as my baby was a preemie.
So to sum up, I recommend both of the pumps I used. The main advice I'd give you is to make sure you get a double (not single) pump - saves you half the time, which is awesome!! As pumping in general gets very annoying after a while..
thank you so much :)
I loved my medela and used it for 15 months.

If your insurance gives you choices that's awesome mine had only one pump.
thank you :)
Check with your insurance they should  give you a list. I've used the medela pump in style with 3 breastfeeding journeys.  It works great.   I've never tried the spectra but know others that have and love it.  My insurance gave me the ameda I was super bummed about that because of the reviews.  So I didn't keep up. I invested in a medela symphony its a hospital grade and I've been using that on for about 2 years.   You can't go wrong with the medela or spectra in my opinion.   If you get the list of the pumps that they offer you can let me know and I can give you some more info.  
There's so many breast pump to choose from. I bought one in the department store and really love it.. Ask first your insurance since you can have some choices but I prefer the manual type of breast pump.