bassinet or pack n play?

What do you ladies suggest is better/convenient for your new born, a bassinet or a pack n play with a changer? The pack n play is only some bucks more than a bassinet but it has a little changer for the baby which a bassinet is just somewhere to sleep..ftm just wanting to get some opinions :) thanks ladies!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A pack in play is very convenient but since I'm having a girl I got a cute bassinet with a canopy but its just for the first two months. For Christmas I'm getting a crib with the changing table.
Helpful - 0
I went with a bassinet for my boy due in Sep. Didn't like the pack and play.
Helpful - 0
With my daughter I went with a bassinet and I loved it so I'm probably gonna get this this little guy a bassinet too :)
Helpful - 0
Aww okay :) I've been looking at some bassinets that are just so adorable! I'll put both on my list and see what happens :)
Helpful - 0
pack n play cause you can always use it until your babies 2
Helpful - 0
Honestly we have all three, pack n play, bassinet & crib.  Our bassinet is in our bedroom by our bed, the crib is in her nursery & the pack n play is in the living room.  We got a used bassinet for $20, the crib is a Graco Lauren Classic, brand new  for$130 (i used a coupon, lol) and we got the Graco On the Go $59 pack n play.  It's nice having three different beds for my newborn bc she can go from one room to the other with me, nurse, then I can put her nearby.
Helpful - 0
As far as changing baby, we just sit on the bed & change her on a portable changing pad... Your back will hurt leaning over that pack n play to change your baby.
Helpful - 0
They make pack n plays with bassinets
Helpful - 0
I used a pack n play with my 2nd baby and I liked it. it think im going to buy a new one for this baby girl, so she can sleep in my room. I was thinking of gettin a bassinet,  but a playpen is 10 to 30 bucks more and has a lot more uses for almost 2 yrs.
Helpful - 0
CountryMomToBe I want all three too in a way! But i want the bassinet and crib in her room. I'm ordering her bassinet off kmart and crib from Walmart, still undecided on the pack and play.
Helpful - 0
I am using the pack and play with the bassinet attachment.
Helpful - 0
Oh how nice! I don't think I've seen the pack n plays with the bassinet but now I'm going to definitely look into it :)
Helpful - 0
the pack n play will.  last longer in use in my opinion. my son outgrew his bass. within a month but my daughter could use it longer, the push n play we used through out though and it was portable
Helpful - 0
I kind of want all three....I know that I'm for sure buying a pack n' play for the on the go convenince of it and the Crib for my baby's room. The bassinet is purely a want...I'm a ftm and I want it. It really is just that simple for me. I'm putting them both on the registry and hopefully I get one or the other that way I don't have to spend the money for both.
Helpful - 0
I have all three too. I like the bassinet in my room while baby is little. I worry about breathing, it bit brain gable to hear the baby cry (even with monitors) so it helps me sleep better in the beginning. I like the crib because it's just nice to have in the baby's room. Pack and play is great for when baby has to go stay with grandparents or you are traveling, or just want them to nap in a different room. If I had to pick one though is go with the pack and play though.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community