Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

breast pump

I have ran into many parents that are saying that you can order pumps through your insurance...idk how true that is can someone let me know
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is federal law that they have to supplies you with one, but it is up to their discretion on what style and type.
Helpful - 0
4268628 tn?1375041176
In the US you can. It's a matter of talking to your insurance company. If for some reason they won't, you can always talk to you local WIC and they will either give you one or loan you one.
Helpful - 0
There's a website that helps you do that. Www.breastpumps.aeroflowinc.com and they have a tab that says qualify through insurance. They'll let you know if your ins covers it or not. My military ins does not...
Helpful - 0
It's true, I work for an Insurance company.  It would be considered durable medical equipment.
Helpful - 0
12678186 tn?1426627010
It is true i found out the same thing i didnt even know it was true the minute i found i went right ahead and called my insurance to check if i was eligible and afterwards i had to call my doctor to send the request for the breast pump and get it officially approved and it did,i got my breast pump just 2 -3 days later shipped to my home.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.