breast pump

I have ran into many parents that are saying that you can order pumps through your insurance...idk how true that is can someone let me know
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is federal law that they have to supplies you with one, but it is up to their discretion on what style and type.
Helpful - 0
In the US you can. It's a matter of talking to your insurance company. If for some reason they won't, you can always talk to you local WIC and they will either give you one or loan you one.
Helpful - 0
There's a website that helps you do that. Www.breastpumps.aeroflowinc.com and they have a tab that says qualify through insurance. They'll let you know if your ins covers it or not. My military ins does not...
Helpful - 0
It's true, I work for an Insurance company.  It would be considered durable medical equipment.
Helpful - 0
It is true i found out the same thing i didnt even know it was true the minute i found i went right ahead and called my insurance to check if i was eligible and afterwards i had to call my doctor to send the request for the breast pump and get it officially approved and it did,i got my breast pump just 2 -3 days later shipped to my home.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community