Baby Products Community

breast pumps

How long can I carry breast milk around in a bottle in my bag?

I am breastfeeding my baby but I dont want to do it in public so I am going to pump before I leave my house, will the milk be okay or does it need to be kept in a fridge?
Breast milk is good at room temp for about 4-6 hours
Okay thank you
There are small coolers u can get that can hold 1 bag and a ice pack to keep in ur purse w/e and id suggest u get a bfing cover with a strap or a pillow to keep in the car cuz believe there were times when even if my son wasnt really hungry I HAD to get that milk outta be or id burst and I never once showed my boobs in public
Check out marchofdimes.com they have the best information for the storage of breast milk
There is a breastfeeding group on he r email that can help but maximum time is 6 hours at room temp, 5 days in fridge,  6 months in freezer,  and 1 year in deep freeze.
Thank you :)