Aa
A
A
A
Close
Baby Products Community
5.09k Members

breast pumps

I am going to need to get a breast pump. I've heard some insurances will cover them but I need to have one so what is the best kind and where is the place to get one?

How can I store the breast milk... can I freeze it or something so when I'm at work n my husband has the baby he has it to give her?
5 Responses
7213941 tn?1397091259
The best in my opinion is a Medela Double Electric breast pump. Yes, most insurance companies cover it. Also, yes, you can pump and freeze your milk for storage.
What's the best way to thaw it once its been frozen?
Definitely check in to your insurance company to see if they cover it. I have the Medela double electric breast pump, completely free from my insurance company and they won't take it back (not a rental) so it's mine to keep. Definitely saved us $200 from buying one out of pocket.  
They sell the bags to freeze the milk. When you freeze it's only good for 6mths so make sure to write date on bag. The containers to hold fresh milk to store in the refigater to drink that same day and stays fresh for a 3-5days. If left in room temp it's good for 6hrs.

To thaw: boil water and let bag defrost the milk. Never microwave or mix already warm milk bc can spoil. Or run warm sink water over bag.

Or you can leave package out on counter to defrost or refigater over night like you do with meat.but never refreeze or reheat thaw milk you already heated up.
Thanks for the information I'll have to look into the freeze bags that would be very benefitial

I truly love having this app idk what I'd do without it everyone is so helpful ....
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.