Baby Products Community

car seat

When did everyone start buying baby things? Im 14 weeks tomorrow and we bought a car seat today! Our first Big purchase!
I personally think it's really early but everyone thinks differently. .. big purchases should always be done a month before in my opinion but congrats and enjoy your pregnancy
Its a little early but who cares!! I was like that with my 1st..we had almost everything a few weeks after we found out the sex, im guessing you got a gender neutral color? Good choice, you can always reuse it, if you have another baby...congratulations =)
Always go shopping a month befor just incase u have to take something back
I am 30 weeks and still has nothing for the baby. I am waiting for baby shower first,  which is in 3 weeks, so I can see what I still need to buy.  
I started once I found out I was having a boy. I'm glad I did because I delivered 9 wks early due to preeclampsia
I bought stuff before finding out the gender. My MIL kept saying how that's bad luck and all but here I am almost 39 weeks with a healthy baby. I didn't want to wait until the end simply because I wanted to be as prepared as possible
Exactly leah. I want to be prepared and ready as possible. The only 2 big purchases we will do is the car seat and crib.
I'm with my second baby an I'm 18 weeks almost an just got my car seat. Don't know the gender but got. Neutral car seat that I've been wanting ever since I found out I was pg. I'm getting things done early cause with my first I had him 15 days early an I'll never know if I'll be the same this time again
I am 39 weeks pregnant and started buying things at 15 weeks. We started purchasing all the large items we needed. Everything is neutral colors for future use. It made things so much easier, rather than waiting until the last minute to buy everything we needed and spending countless amounts at the same time.  We also registered at Babiesrus and were able to buy from our registry in order to accumulate rewards points. You get 10% back from your total registry purchase 10 weeks after your baby's due date. If you play your cards right and get coupons you can save alot!! We will end up with a $200 gift card just for that :) good luck! !
I'd say carseat should be one of the first things you buy, just because you never know when the baby will decide to come. I started buying clothes early, neutral colors. Then a few weeks later found out I'm having a baby girl and went bananas in the girl's section lol. Though Babies R Us does have the 10% back on things purchased from your registry, Walmart is so much more cheaper. I'm 38 weeks and bought diapers today from Babies R Us, the store brand, and it was $9.99 for 50 count of newborn. At Walmart the store brand was $5.98 for 44 count for newborn. But wipes at Babies R Us today were buy 2 72 count for $5
I was buying diapers, a crib and wipes then at 16 wks I found out Im having a boy so I started buying everything I need.
I won't wait till I'm farther I like to plan and as soon as I find out what I'm having il be buying things I don't have the money to buy everything at once or all the big stuff buy big things between checks I'm havingy baby shower at 6 months because I want to make sure  not rushed buying anything andy last month I feel comfortable not worrying