cloth diapers?

Opinions please, ladies. I want to be as natural, or "granola" as I like to say, as possible but I'm not going to be so rigid as to not take others advice.
Have any mom's out there used and loved cloth/ reusable diapers? Convenience? Economy? Effective? Nuisance?
I have fallen in love with Charlie banana cloth diapers! They are a little pricey, but seem so easy and will save a ton of money over time and keep the landfill cleaner. I'm having twins and just can't imagine buying disposables for two! I've had a lot of friends rave about bum genius as well :-) good luck!
Awesome! Thank you :)
I love bum genius, thirties, rumparooz and grovia. I have a toddler and I'm 38+5 so i can reuse them and even donate them when I'm done.  
Have you looked into the honest company? They're supposed to be as close to natural as possible, with the convenience of disposable, and they'll deliver. I really wanted to try them by we don't have the money currently for the bulk program they have, so I'm hoping for a shopping trip soon at target where they do sell them. I've heart mixed reviews on their sturdiness, but really that's it, positive otherwise, so I'm really curious
They have services in some cities that launder the diapers for you and drop new ones off each week. Something you might want to look into
I'm a FTM but we will be trying prefolds and covers for our little one. I have several friends who use them and really like them. Plus they seem the easiest in terms of laundry
I highly recommend checking out clothdiapertrade.com ! I got ours there, gently used but in great shape for a lot less than new
I like pocket diapers. You don't have to go expensive like bum genius ($22/diaper) and their elastics wear out really fast I find. I bought some "China cheapies" I.e. made overseas that were about $7/diaper and work really well. I bought the GiggleLife bamboo diapers and I use Kawaii Baby as well. I have a few BGs and they are quick drying but like I said the elastics aren't great.

I think cloth diapering is a great investment. If you use disposables up to age 3 then you can spend several thousand dollars on each child. But if you buy cloth you can use them for multiple children and it only costs about $500-$700 depending on what you buy.  It doesn't cost that much to run a couple of extra laundry loads a week (we run 2 extra now that my DD is 15 months), and you can always hang to dry if you want to be even more green.

We still use disposables at night just because no matter what we tried for overnight my DD peed through it.  But one disposable a day is much better than 6-12!
I have the thirsties snap covers and the osocozy prefolds. When I worked in daycare most of the kids where wearing these so I got use to it and really liked it. Not to mention it is a lot cheaper than buying the all in one diapers. I decided to get some flats too just because it seems less bulky for a newborn.
I had trouble with using cloth nappies for my son for the first few months because the bowel movements are not solid at all when breastfeeding But I started using them around 4 months old. They also started to fit him better at that age.
Check out soft bums.  Starter packs are 300 bucks.  You can choose from snaps or velcro closures.  They are adjustable up until baby reaches 40 lbs.  Very absorbant and cover have a water proof lining sewed between clothe and cover.

Disposables have increased over 4 years.  With our first they were around 35 bucks per pop.  Now the box quantities have been reduced and the price where we live are almost 50 bucks a pop.  That does not include diaper genie refills, but ointment, powder etc, etc.
The plus of cloth is no diaper rash and a happier baby.

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community