Baby Products Community

diaper preference

So ladies, out of huggies snugglers and pampers swadlers, which did you prefer to use on your newborn? I am having a girl so if you could state the gender of your baby that would be great! I know some people prefer different brands at different stages of the baby's life so I'm looking particularly  at the newborn stage only.  And about how many weeks was your baby in newborn diapers?
Well, with my boys I just bought one little bag of newborn size and after that I bought size 1, for both of my sons I got huggies because at that time (6 years ago) I send my hysband for some diapers and he bought pampers brand and did not hold enough thru the night so I ended up using them during day and bought more huggies for the night until pampers where out. But don't get many of size 1 too because babies grow up fast :)
I liked the way pampers worked for my child
I have used Huggies and pampers. I prefer huggies. Softer and hold more. My little girl is 7 weeks old and she is still in new born diapers and clothes. ( she was 4 weeks early and weighed 7 lb 14.6 oz.)
I have a girl. And in the beginning she used the Huggies the hospital gave me. After that she used parents choice the walmart brand up til she was 9 months. I liked them, her pee wouldn't come out, held right through the night but I switched to luvs because they changed them up and made them so cheap so I didn't buy them anymore. So she used luvs and they were good. She also used Huggies but after 2 boxes I didn't like them anymore. I really like the pampers and that's what she uses now at night and whenever we go out, during the day she uses the Sams Club brand. You just have to experiment yourself to see what's best for you and your baby.... oh and not sure about the sizes on the diapers, I would say but like 2 packs perhaps of newborn and go up depending on how your baby is growing.
Thank you for the feedback!
A friend of mine said she like pampers for her son and huggies for her daughter
With my daughter I preferred huggies. I also liked luvs too. Pampers didn't work well for her. Don't remember how long she was in newborn, it's been almost 2 years. For this one, I've started stocking up on huggies
I have a 3 year old daughter.   I have primarily used Luvs.  She was breast fed and mainly drank water.  No juice.  If that matters.  I think for the price they are good quality.  Huggins might hold more urine but is that really a good thing?  My husband is king of cheap and bought parents choice when our daughter was a newborn and they were making a rub mark on her hip from some coarse plastic that was against her skin.  I didn't use them anymore.
My son leaked out of huggies, pampers burned him. The only brand he can use is up and up and luvs. Sometimes you just need to test what works to see what's best for your baby.
pampers swadlers I've used it on my first son and I'm going to use it on my second son I use Huggies twice on my first sonand it just left him with the worst rash ever and burnt his little but I hate Huggies
my older son would use Huggies and would get a rash so I switched to pampers, my second son also uses pampers, so this lil one will use pampers too(:
Pampers all the way for me.... With my daughter we started off with pampers then decided to try Huggies huge mistake the urine soaked through several times. I absolutely will be using pampers with my son
Huggies for girls, pampers for boys!  I prefer swaddlers for day, baby dry at night.  That's what worked for me.  
I was told out of trying several name brand diapers that several of my friends switched to the Walmart brand Parents Choice. I decided to buy this brand also because it will be very easy to return if it doesn't work out or if I'm done with the size I have so many of. I started buying 2 packs a week since 25 weeks, various sizes. Even if they don't work out there store brand and Walmart said easy exchange with no receipt :)
I registered for huggies cause we use them on little girl I nanny for and they work well for her. My sister told me huggies has high rate of chemical burns on babies. I think Im going to get a pack of pampers swaddlers newborn size, and then go with Luvs or Up&Up brand.
I work at a daycare center. Many different diapers and they all seem to do ok. With potty training though, pull-ups do not hold pee during nap time no matter what the brand is. Also, I'm not a fan of pampers wipes. The container opening is too small for fingers to grab quickly. Huggies and parents choice wipes are good.
Pampers! But I use targets up & up brand, they are my number 1 choice.
Prefer Huggies over Pampers. Costco Kirkland diapers are also really good. Target Up diapers are really good, too.