diapers!! help#

First time mommy here, with a baby boy. I'm so concerned about the diapers, should I get pampers or huggies? Or what???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Our son got chemical burn from pampers also.We use Huggies for our 3 month old. But, Sam's club brand for our 2 year old. Huggies have better leak protection if you are breastfeeding. It will have to be trial and error. I liked pampers because they were a bit cheaper but they didn't work for us.
Helpful - 0
I did my research and huggies are for girls and pampers are for boys but the hospital uses pampers for boy and girl now ive used pampers brand only for my son and huggies natural care wipes are better then pamper brand wipes pampers dont leak unless u leave the diaper for more then half a day and ive tried huggies on my son amd they leak threw due to the fact boys do pee more then girls.
Helpful - 0
I used cloth diapers on my first (saving thousands of dollars and upping the cute factor by about a million points) and will use them again for this baby which means I will spend ZERO dollars on diapers this time around, only on laundry detergent and electricity to run the washer and dryer. gDiapers are my favorite brand but there are lots of great options out there like Sunbaby and Bumgenius. Used Huggies Naturals wipes but might switch to using cloth wipes at least at home and save a couple thousand dollars there too.
Helpful - 0
Oh... and as far as wipes are concerned... Huggies or the Walmart brand... wont use anything else
Helpful - 0
I use pampers swaddlers for newborn size (ONLY)-- they are smaller and fit better on a NB- but only for the 1st few weeks. .. then everything else is huggies snug and fit... I've tried Luvs, Costco, Kroger, Safeway, Target, and Wamart brand and they all leak
Helpful - 0
Kroger is also Fred Meyers if on the west coast.  Sometimes it's a matter of what your child is like. Mine is petite so certain styles didn't work well. Some kids also have allergies reactions like someone else mentioned. My best recommendation is to have friends and family bring a package to your shower so you can try several different kinds and find what you like and dont. If you want to stock up, buy gift cards in the amount of a package of diapers instead.  That way the money is already set a side for  it.
Helpful - 0
I love Kroger brand but if you don't have a Kroger I'd say Targets were pretty good
Helpful - 0
Target brand
Helpful - 0
Agreed with mamabear! Iv found the own brand ones which are cheaper, are better, my son got a chemical burn from pampers
Helpful - 0
I never liked pampers or huggies,  they are over priced.  They leak through and caused diaper rashes.  I totally recommend target up diapers n senstive wipes,  Costco brand n luvs diapers worked the best on my daughter
Helpful - 0
It depends on the baby really. Some fit better in Huggies rather than Pampers. I think you should try them both to see what you like best. I've always used Huggies but they fit my skinny little girl perfectly.
Helpful - 0
My Douqhterr Had An Elerqic Reaction To Huqqies So I Switched To pampers Swaddlers And Their Way Softer Than Huqqies
Helpful - 0
I use Costco brand after newborn pampers. Save money and hold up well.
Helpful - 0
I Find That The Target Brand Up N Up ARe The  Best.  A Few Ppl I Know Had Allergic Reactions With Their Infants In huggies
Helpful - 0
Pampers swaddles are the best so soft. I found Hugies to be too stiff. And the umbilical cut out irritated the umbilical Cord it would cut up into it like if u had a bump n had a paper right up on ur skin and pushed it up idk how else to describe it
Helpful - 0
Huggies are great for my kids
Helpful - 0
I'd say Huggies they are more comfterable and fitable to your child :)
Helpful - 0
I just bought a pack the other day I got the huggies pure and natural . They're organic and hypoallergenic and has the umbilical cut out for newborns :)
and it has the wet indicator thingy lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community