Baby Products Community

diapers

What is the best brands of diapers to buy? My doctor gave me a good advice to start buying a pack of diapers and wipes everytime i get paid but i have no idea what brand to get. I dont want to fill up on one brand and then when i have my baby he/she is allergic
That is the hard part- you won't know until baby is born if they are allergic or not. I stressed out a bit when I didn't stock up like your doctor suggested. Each brand tends to work different for each baby as well. What I did was make a prize at the baby shower that everyone who brought a package of diapers (sizes 0-3) was entered in. That way I got to try several different brands and find the right fit for our baby. What you can do is take the money you would be using on diapers right now, and put it on a gift card to WalMart, Target, or Fred Meyers (Kroger...depending on where you are). That way you have the money set aside just for your diaper fund and you wont have to stress about it.
I've always bought luvs, they work the best and smell fresh, avoid huggies nc both my kids soaked right through them Than unscented wipes bc if the baby gets a rash by chance than the chemical from the scented errors will burn more.
I've always bought luvs, they work the best and smell fresh, avoid huggies bc both my kids soaked right through them Than unscented wipes bc if the baby gets a rash by chance than the chemical from the scented ones will burn more.
I used huggies on my daughter nd I loved them I tried lives but they dont hold at all if you dont get it after on pee your little one will be soaked. This time around I got new born in both huggies and pampers just incase he does end up being allergic to one but that gift card idea is a great one or if not a gift card then like a jar or something. I only got diapers up to size 2 not sure how fast he will grow hope this helps some good luck
Luvs* spell check sorry
Pampers worked best for my son. What I did is have people buy different brands for my shower. I tried Huggies and Luvs but Pampers worked better.
I know everyone is recommending unscented wipes, but be aware that some kids have allergies to those. All 4 of mine broke out when we tried unscented. It's really a wait and see what works best for your baby. Congratulations
I used Luvs for my first and will for my second. Every one has a different opinion. I didn't like Huggies because I thought they were to stiff. Pampers I thought the tabs on the side tore to easily. Luvs they hold, they're soft, and they don't tear!!
As far as wipes I've always used Sensitive and mostly in Parent's Choice brand.
I'm purchasing a little of each & keeping the receipt the store never gives a hard time with returns ;)
Huggies wipes and pampers diapers for at least the first couple of months then u can venture out. I swear by that combination my first two kids I used them and plan to with this one
I'm Planning On Cloth This Time Around. I Used Costco Brand With My First, Hr Didn't Have Sensitive Skin .
I think the best brand is through pampers swaddlers because they don't cover the belly button  
I would suggest doing a diaper and wipe fund....setting aside enough money for a pack (or box) of diapers and a thing of wipes each pay period. This way you can buy any size or brand once little one is here and not be stuck with a brand that disagrees with them or a size they grew through to fast!
I did a diaper/wipes jar for my second and now third pregnancies because of all the reactions my first had. It was the best thing I could have done!! I felt ready with my saved funds and didn't worry about being so wasteful of mine and/or other's money when I couldn't return or exchange the boxes (not every store will except exchanges even for unopened diapers without a receipt).
It's been 4 years since I bought diapers. But I remember in the beginning that pampers seemed to work the best for me with less blow outs. But no matter what brand you use, it's still going to happen. But then after a while , I got tired of spending so much money on pampers. So I tried out the Target brand up & up diapers. They were not as sketchy. But they worked just as good. And they were almost half the price of pampers. I'm going to buy that brand again with this one.
I liked Luvs but they got too expensive.  My 2 1/2 year old pees a lot especially at night (still working on potty training lol). We tried many different kinds and he still tended to leak at night. We use the Walmart brand now and they work just fine (still leaks once and a while on his heavy pee nights). But remember you can always go to Walmart and exchange the diapers for a different size or they'd even let you exchange it for a different brand if you let them know the baby is allergic.☺
What I suggest, if u can, is save the money $20 or $30 every pay. U will be sent home with a few to get u through a day or two and u can take the cash ansd by them as needed this is also good because some people have big babies and some have tiny babies.
I don't have a specific kind but I normally buy luvs because the are cheaper thrn huggies or pampers and to me they work just as well