having trouble gaining weight. need help

Im 15 weeks 5 days and have only gained 2 pounds but im having trouble keeping it on. My appetite is the same as before I got pregnant I try to force myself to eat then I feel bad. Im 5'5 and pre pregnancy weight is 112 im now 114. What can I do to pack on some healthy weight
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Its normal to be slow at gaining weight in thr first few weeks I didnt start gaining alot until 20 weeks. Protein will help though amd also just eat alot dont force yourself if you cant eat but if you feel hungry or just wanna snack than do it. But protein helps alot like protein shakes or bars
Helpful - 0
Thank you!  I'll have to go pick up some ensure or something!
Helpful - 0
Your good where your at. I'm 114 no and I'm 23 weeks and 4 days. I just got out of the military weighing 113. I was 13 weeks when I found out weighing 104. Now I'm back to my normal weight and the baby is her right size even though I gained nothing more. Its normal give it time cause that's what I'm doing.
Helpful - 0
I'm 37 weeks and I've only gained 10 pounds. As long as baby is growing and you are being monitored, everything should be fine. I didn't start gaining anything until about month 5. And me and baby are just perfect.
Helpful - 0
I was the same, by the time I hit 20 weeks I gained alot, I'm not 25Weeks&4days & I have gained 20+Pounds. I was told I am suppose to only gain half a pound a week. Consider yourself lucky, lol its nothing to worry about.
Helpful - 0
Please don't get to wrapped up in trying to gain weight or trying to follow those charts. Everyone is different. You maybe very active which causes ur weight to balance. Just make sure u are eating enough and healthy food choices u will be fine. I personally have been on that end of concern of not gaining weight, but I din't think the docs considered that I was very active.. I went to school worked two jobs and also played and engaged with my 8 year old.
Helpful - 0
I gained a total of 12 lbs with my daughter. Her and I both were fine. She weighed 7lbs 4 oz. U don't ha e to work to lose what u don't gain. Hell I had the advantage, I weighted less then I did after the baby then before..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community