Baby Products Community

huggies vs pampers

Ftm here due next month and I was wondering if any of y'all have had problems with Huggies? I've heard/read a lot of bad things, but not before buying a huge stash of them. Should I only buy pampers?
Hi There!

We prefer Pampers as they do not leak. Granted every child will have an occassional blow out; however, they are very infrequent. We buy the Swaddlers from Sam's for $40/case.

I will give Huggies due credit that I prefer their wipes over Pampers :) They are unscented and just felt better. I'm going to try the Sam's version this month and hope they work as well!

Good luck and best wishes!
I went with luvs. Its the only diaper that didnt give my daughter a rash. And its the cheapestbof the name brands
We're pretty diehard about the Swaddlers too. They've just always worked better. Later on as the baby gets bigger we usually switch to the Target or Kroger brand. Both work really well.
We used pampers in the beginning because that's what the hospital gave us, but we're using pampers now because we got some from baby shower. I love both brands, haven't had any issues with either, although the swaddlers were great because of that yellow indicator.
Does that indicator carry on to other sizes too?
Hi Kate -

It does for sizes 1 2 and 3 in the Swaddlers. Size 3 are more difficult to find. Rec'd a case at baby shower, it was in February so I have no recollection who gave them to me as I filed it all away :) Since I purchase in bulk, we are using Pampers Cruisers size 3 and while they don't have the indicator, we are pretty pro at knowing and rule of thumb at our home is to change every 45 m to an hr regardless :)

Good Luck!
Lizzie
My baby is 8 weeks old. We had ton of newborns pampers and had to finally purchase some about 2 weeks ago. Sams club seems to be cheapest. We decided to save about $1.50 and go with buggies. We regretted it. They don't fold open easy, and had blow out after blow out with them. We just bought a new box and went back to pampers. We are still in newborn size just fyi.