huggies vs pampers

Ftm here due next month and I was wondering if any of y'all have had problems with Huggies? I've heard/read a lot of bad things, but not before buying a huge stash of them. Should I only buy pampers?
Hi There!

We prefer Pampers as they do not leak. Granted every child will have an occassional blow out; however, they are very infrequent. We buy the Swaddlers from Sam's for $40/case.

I will give Huggies due credit that I prefer their wipes over Pampers :) They are unscented and just felt better. I'm going to try the Sam's version this month and hope they work as well!

Good luck and best wishes!
I went with luvs. Its the only diaper that didnt give my daughter a rash. And its the cheapestbof the name brands
We're pretty diehard about the Swaddlers too. They've just always worked better. Later on as the baby gets bigger we usually switch to the Target or Kroger brand. Both work really well.
We used pampers in the beginning because that's what the hospital gave us, but we're using pampers now because we got some from baby shower. I love both brands, haven't had any issues with either, although the swaddlers were great because of that yellow indicator.
Does that indicator carry on to other sizes too?
Hi Kate -

It does for sizes 1 2 and 3 in the Swaddlers. Size 3 are more difficult to find. Rec'd a case at baby shower, it was in February so I have no recollection who gave them to me as I filed it all away :) Since I purchase in bulk, we are using Pampers Cruisers size 3 and while they don't have the indicator, we are pretty pro at knowing and rule of thumb at our home is to change every 45 m to an hr regardless :)

Good Luck!
Lizzie
My baby is 8 weeks old. We had ton of newborns pampers and had to finally purchase some about 2 weeks ago. Sams club seems to be cheapest. We decided to save about $1.50 and go with buggies. We regretted it. They don't fold open easy, and had blow out after blow out with them. We just bought a new box and went back to pampers. We are still in newborn size just fyi.
I've tried the sams wipes and there not a very good brand of wipes. I'd recommend the parents choice brand of wipes I use those for my daughter.
As far as diapers I like pampers cause they don't leak threw as much and will hold a lot more
Huggies made on cry more. He didn't really like feeling wet. But Pampers are good be because they last a little longer. I don't like how they feel though just feels cheaper quality than huggies. I think I'm going to try whitecloud next I heard they were good.
I've used tons of different brands, I love Higgins bc they are stretchy and seemed to have the best fit. I hate the scented diapers like pampers and luvs, and I don't like the feel of them they always feel wet and soggy and saggy. The store brand diapers from target and Walmart have saved me tons of money with no regrets. I didn't like Walgreens or hyvee brands, they tend to leak through horribly, like they didn't have a waterproof seal on the outside. White cloud is great, loved them. Also don't like the off brand from sams club for my daughter.
Buy both,i had of both nd i admit i kept buying huggies...i also tried luvs.didnt like em they are cheap but not good.im gonna keep trying different ones do.perhaps theres more better then huggies.
Parent choice wipes are very good cheap nd ast long
I love pampers. Baby boy had a couple of blowouts with Huggies. Huggies is better in wipes we used the natural care. Also Parents choice wipes are comparable to Huggies just not at wet which I prefer.
Huggies work best for two out of my three kids. Huggies has the best fit, keep her dryer meaning i don't have to change her as often, and I've never had one leak. I hated pampers bc the tabs rip off too easy and when you have a baby that fights every diaper change its extremely frustrating to have to stop and get a new diaper. Luvs, white cloud, and parents choice all got droopy and leaky.
Neither, I use the Honest brand diapers and they're really good! Try the balm , its the best for any diaper rash.

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community