mothers with potty training exp!

Has anyone used training undies? What brand would you reccommend? Reasonably priced please. Tia!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I bought one package of 3 from target. Honestly, I ended up using pull ups for a short time and regular underwear with the plastic potty training covers from Walmart over them for a little bit. The potty training undies are like regular ones just a little thicker and a little extra padding to help absorb accidents. Nothing too special or magical lol.
Helpful - 0
We used pull ups then went to big boy underwear.  
Helpful - 0
Im trying to avoid pull ups.... and wanted something more than undies.
Helpful - 0
I always used a super market brand although in my experience using normal pants is more effective.  Yes its messy but its a much quicker process. If they wet in training pants they dont feel wet and uncomfortable whereas in pants it goes cold very quickly and is not very nice. Made my boys realise its much better to use the toilet. If they began to get lazy with it I kept them in wet trousers for a couple of minutes... sounds cruel but they didnt do it again. Just finushed training my second. He is 2 and a half and it only took a week this way. Good luck... hope this helps. I still use pull ups at night though just in case
Helpful - 0
I agree with ^^ except for waiting till they are over 2 years old. We were completely done with all that stuff at 15 months old.
Helpful - 0
But if you really want training pants, the Blueberry brand was the only one that didn't leak. But they are kind of expensive
Helpful - 0
I tried to avoid them as much as possible as well. And when I did have them on I treated them as big kid undies. I only used them for bed at night during the first week and if we had an outing that I would not be near a both room within that time frame as well. I obviously tried to avoid that but they were both trained and done within a week and a half. We still had the occasional accident for are out a week or 2 after but nothing too terrible. I say just put them in regular underwear afters skip the specialty underwear.  Except the plastic covers. Those work well at night.
Helpful - 0
I never used pull ups. They are just expensive diapers. I always used regular undies, sometimes with the plastic pants over them. I think the most important thing with potty training is waiting until your child is ready. Each child is different and trying to train too soon always leads to frustration for parents/child. My youngest started wanting to go in the potty at 18 months. She's now 20 months and will even go #2 without prompting. I have not forced the issue at all. I feel she's very young and if she uses the potty, great, if not, that's fines too.
Helpful - 0
Potty training is awful, unless you have a child that realizes they don't want to sit in their poop and pee. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
I tried them with my son. Didnt work so well. I had best luck just sticking with pull ups.
Helpful - 0
Rumparooz training pants r good and blueberry training pants r good they r worth the money but I'm pretty rumparooz ones r $15 something and blueberries r prob about the same. Those are the only 2 that don't leak for my daughters. If u don't want to spend that much and less of a chance of leaking with accidents the rubber pants over panties is prob your best options.
Helpful - 0
I just used pull ups at night and underwear during the day I have a daughter so I just bought the prettiest underwear I could and she thought they were to cool to potty in them and I bought her a princess potty that sang when she used it. I think making it fun for them and not pressuring them works best.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community