I'm a ftm as well I had no idea what to put on my registry a few weeks ago so I'm going to run down a list of things we put on our registry or end up purchasing.If you're having a baby shower put these things on the list, you never know people will purchase most if not all the items for you.
Car seat & stroller(purchase a travel system 2 in 1).
Baby bottles( 5-10 even if you plan on breast feeding)
Bottle dryer rack/ bottle warmer (not necessary but nice to have)
Cleaning brushes for bottles.
Receiving blankets 5-10
Wash clothes/ burping rags
Diapers/wipes(if you're having a shower wait until after the shower to purchase them, we received over 4000 wipes & diapers ranging from newborn-size 4).
Clothes( socks, sleepers, hats etc)
Also pacifiers (if you chose to use them), nursing pads (you will leak even if you don't nurse), diaper bag, crib sheets. If you have more than 1 vehicle, you may wany an extra base for the infant carrier car seat.
1) Dr. Bronner's magic soap baby mild. Get at Target bar or liquid. It's Non-GMO verified!
2) Organic extra virgin olive and coconut oils. Get at Costco's. I used these for baby lotion, butt lather for meconium and rashes, and toothpaste.
3) Ergo wrap (great for breastfeeding!), Saukra Bloom is a good ring sling, Didymos is the best woven wrap!
4) cloth diapers and wipes. I like Bum-Genius. Cottonbabies.com also Bum-genius diaper detergent (good price if you buy 99$ worth) lasted us 17 months and we used for all our laundry.buy liners to protect diapers from oils and doublers for bigger pees.
5)A good car seat an infant one and bigger one. Costco's! I like U.S.A made.
6) good hat for baby and umbrella when you go out to farmers market or such. Sun is good though!
7) diaper changing pad (Amazon) I like Kushies Deluxe Flannel. It's large! Canadian made.
8) wipe bag and wet bag (Amazon) I like Planet Wise U.S.A made.
9) My Carry Potty! BEST EVER!! I started using at 3 months sill good at 18 months. It's called elimination communication.
10) A diaper back pack ( it's practical) even when baby wearing.
11) baby monitor (camera kind, no WiFi) Motorola or something. Best price.
12) wooden baby spoon. I didn't use until she ate solids at eleven months.
13) baby canteen my sigg.com swiss made. Didn't use until she ate solids.
14) tolite seat for baby at home. Target.
Placenta encapsulating is amazing for your recovery and prevening postpartum depression. I got tincture's for her to regulate her hormones when she hets her period.
Apart from all the great answers from everyone, one other thing I would suggest is that for some of these items you'll be needing (stroller, car seat, crib, etc) be sure to pick those that are able to grow/adjust with your child as well, trust me you don't want to have to buy 2 car seats or strollers because your baby grew faster than most!
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.