Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what makes a good nursing chair?

I'm getting antsy about finding a nursing chair, I'm hoping to make do with something cheap and small that will be comfortable enough to spend the majority of nursing time in. We'll be moving in with my in laws and at this point I know I'd like to nurse in my own room for privacy.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4268628 tn?1375041176
I have a rocker with ottoman and yet I find myself with my boppy on the couch and in bed propped up with pillows nursing more. Try taking a 10 lb item and use it to figure out what will be comfortable for long durations.
Helpful - 0
11388275 tn?1423280876
I don't see any medical help in your problem. but when we talk about privacy, any one need a privacy.
Helpful - 0
I am not sure a chair is really needed. I ended up nursing just about anywhere in the house with my Boppy pillow. It is a must recommendation for moms planning to nurse!!  
Helpful - 0
I used a nursing pillow on my couch the most but if you want to buy a nursing chair, look for one that glides/ rocks, has high and thick arm rests (for nursing), and is comfortable. They can be really expensive. I saw some that were affordable at Wayfair but I'm not sure of the comfort level.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.