A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

Alcohol induced collarbone pain

Hi,
For the past 8-9 months I've been experiencing extremely bad pain in my right collarbone (enough to bring me to tears) about 10 minutes after consuming alcohol, regardless of the quantity or type of alcohol. It begins in the collarbone and kind of radiates a little bit up my neck. The pain lasts about 30 or so minutes and dies down after that (even if I continue drinking). It feels as if the pain is coming from my bone rather than a muscular sort of pain.
I'm 21 and do not drink regularly, probably a small amount every month or so. I'm just worried because prior to the last 8-9 months I have never experienced this problem and the pain isn't there when I don't drink.
Also, I did a bit of researching and I found quite a few links to alcohol induced pain and Hodgkin's lymphoma.. And obviously that concerned me.
I've been to two doctors and neither of them have heard of this type of pain induced by alcohol but sent me for blood tests and an ultrasound of my cervical area. The ultrasound found a couple 1cmx0.3cm lymph nodes but the report indicated there were no abnormalities.
I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what this pain could be or what my next step should be.
Thank you.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches