Aa
A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

Arachnoiditis

Brief History of my back - 2 discectomies on the same disc (L5-L6) 9 months apart in 1997 - dehydrated disc L4-L5 and grinding verterbrae in L5-L6 since no disc is left caused me to have a 3 disc fusion on June of 2006.

Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I have had numbness in my thighs that progressed into a burning sensation, all day every day – then came the feeling like needles shooting about ½ an inch under the skin down my legs and lower back – I have a constant ache in my lower back that is worse then it has been in years.  I had an MRI and the results said “abnormal nerve root enhancement and clumping consistent with a combination of inflammatory neuritis and arachnoiditis”.  I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and he said it was not a bad arachnoiditis yet he couldn't tell me why I have all of the symptoms of adhesive arachnoiditis (except for the bladder problems). He said the symptoms don't come on that quickly.  He refered me to me to a nuerologist on Monday.
I am concerned because I hear about Drs. not wanting to use the A-word.  Any suggestions?  Can the symptoms come on that quickly?  Why do I have them if it is not adhesive acrachnoiditis?  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches