Back & Neck Community

Back and arm pain

Looking for anyone who can help me out. I'm 32, female. 2 days ago,   I literally stood up and felt a sharp pain from across my chest to my middle upper back. Felt it more when breathing in or moving,bending. Eventually pain was a tad better and mostly just in my back. I had an EKG and chest X-ray which were normal. Next day pain was still there mostly in upper right back area. A few hours after waking up, my right arm felt funny and my right hand was tingling. I went to ER, had another EKG, And chest X-ray and bloodwork done for bloodclot. All results were normal. From looking online I thought I had a pinched nerve. The ER doctor started throwing out words like cancer, tumors, and multiple sclerosis. I left the ER with some Vicodin feeling like I won't be around to see my kids grow up. Today, arm feels normal again, still upper back pain mostly right side with a bit of neck pain on the left side. Hot bath or shower helps the pain until i get out. Feeling a tad fuzzy in my head but my anxiety is through the roof so that can be adding to my symptoms I assume. I have an appt with a dr in 2 weeks. Just looking for anyone who's ever experienced a pinched nerve to see if its possible that's all I have? The dr said he has his suspicions that this is neurological. i believe pinched nerve can fall under neurological but so can his suggestion of ms :(
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult o determine the cause of your symptoms. With acute cardiac causes ruled out, possibilities that may need to be considered include pleuritis, chest wall inflammation, pancreatitis, gastritis, causes related to the respiratory tract, neuro-muscular causes such as pinched nerve etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!