Back & Neck Community

Back pain and topamax and mood and other issues

Where do I start? First ..you can read my profile..then I have so many questions!
I am on my third week of topamax. Don't want to repeat the whole story which you can read in my profile..I am quite new to this. I just start taking 75 of the topamax..2 in the morning and 1 in the eve. I am also taking phentemine. I am on a leave from work because after ever treatment I just could not work. I have decided that I must take this weight off, get the back pain under control and get my life back to the person I was before cymbalta.  I have to say that today I am feeling definitely less back pain. However, I cry at EVERYTHING. Dopey...yes...but that doesn't bother me so much.  I am losing weight and I cannot be more thrilled.  I MUST lose this weight...I have never been this heavy in my life and I am getting married in FEB. I have lost almost 30 and could go for another 20- 30. I swim no with the herniated disks and degenerative back disease. I am very athletic and am getting it back. Questions. I am so worried about the hair loss and have not experienced it yet. Is there anyone who has NOT has this. I need some positives. I am taking 10,000 mcg. of Biotin and have been taking a vitamin regimin before the topamax.  Also...do you have to stay on this med forever.  Also..does the dopeyness and crying/worrying even out. I will be going back to work.  There are so many mixed reviews...some very negative..but the postives are seriously good for me right now.  I have been in a lot of pain and if you read my bio the cymbalta brought with it some serious stuff that I did not even account for happening.  
I have been taking phentermine since the beginning of May, 2011. I added the topamax in June 2011. Since May, I have lost a total of 40 pounds- change my diet and exercising 1-2 times a day. I have not had any side effects of either medication.I have not taken either of them much in the past month, and have not gained any weight back....but take it maybe once a week, if that......