Aa
A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

Back pain

Hi, I am 29 years old and last winter I fell in my bathroom. Though there wasn't much visible wounds, I did sprain my leg. But three months after the accident, I developed this odd back pain. The pain is so severe that I find it hard to sleep. My doctor did a detailed check up and strangely the result showed negative for fractures and other complications. I tried doing various back exercises but it didn't help. My doctor suggested a chiropractic clinic in Mississauga for my back pain. I'm just worried whether the back pain would increase because of the procedure. That is the last thing I want. Has anyone had any bad experience with such procedures? Should I go for it? Thanks in advance.

This discussion is related to Vertebrae that stick out on back.
1 Responses
7721494 tn?1431627964
While I'm not a big fan of chiropractic, this modality of therapy can be useful in cases like yours.

Most who have visited a chiropractor have had bad experiences to relate. I'm speaking of chiropractors who pull muscles while trying to "adjust" the spine.

It is very important that a chiropractor work slowly to release inflammed soft tissue before attempting any abrupt adjustment of the neck or spine.

If your doctor recommends this chiropractor, then I would imagine they have worked together before.  Mixing allopathic medicine, for instance, strong anti-inflammatory or pain medication with chiropractic would yield the best results.

Remember, you are in control so advise your chiropractor of your comfort level. If you feel a sharp pain after an adjustment, let them know.

As far as permanent damage, there's little risk of this, since you've already had a full medical workup, have no broken bones, ruptured discs, or other conditions where a chiropractor may exacerbate a spinal problem.

Good luck.
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches