Back & Neck Community

"Crawling" sensation in upper back

For the last couple of months I have been experiencing a "crawling/tingling" sensation on my upper back to the right of my spine.  It now is happening on the left side as well.....Should I see my GP? What could this be?
MUSCLE SPASM. DO YOU WORK ON THE COMPUTER ALOT ? ARE YOU SITTING LOT ? ARE YOU "HUNCHED" ALOT ? ALL THIS LEADS TO WEAK AND STRETCHED SCAPULAR STABILIZERS AND TIGHT SCALENES, SCMS, PEC MUSCLES.. THE TIGHT "FRONT MUSCLES" CAUSE SPASM IN THE BACK MUSCLES THAT ARE TRYING TO COMPETE AND HOLD YOU UPRIGHT. THUS THE PAIN.
THE FIX IS MID BACK STRENGTHENEING EXERCISE, COMBINED WITH "FRONT" MUSCLE MASSAGE AND STRETCHING, AND CONSTANT POSTURE CORRECTION.