A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

Herniated disc?

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I did a series of dead lifts at 135 lbs. A couple of days later I did it again. About a week later I started feeling a pinching pain on the left side of my lower back just above my hips. It's worsened a bit, but no classic symptoms of shooting pains in the butt and down the legs. No loss of bowel/bladder function. I can move around just fine, but if I move the wrong way I get a fairly sharp pinch. My doctor doesn't believe that this is a slipped/ruptured disc, but I wanted another opinion.

Thank you!

Ed
1 Responses
Hi Ed,
You are certainly entitled to a second opinion. I know form personal experience that you don't have to do much to herniate your back.  I actually originally herniated my back while picking up a week for our yard, I stood up and I couldn't move.  It literally took the wind right out of me, I couldn't walk from room to room in our home it was so bad and it did go down my left leg.  You could certainly have a mild herniation.  The first line of treatment is normally oral steroids.  They help to shrink the disk and hopefully get it to fit back in the proper spacing between your vertebrae.  If I can help you any feel free to message me.  Hope you feel better soon.
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches