Lower back pain and pressure in groin

Hi, for a week now I have been experiencing Radom pain in my lower back. Sometimes it's an ache on one or both sides. Sometimes it feels like my tailbone is sore. Sometimes I feel  pressure or pain in my groin and/or lower abdomin. I am not sure what to make of this. The day before these symptoms started I was trying to stretch my leg behind my head. That may be the cause but it is a full week later. Does this sound like injury that require medical attention or something that should go away on its own?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It does sound like an injury to me. You may have pulled some of your muscles or you may have hurt your back and have vertebra out of place.
I would recommend seeing your Dr on Monday if possible to find out what's going on and how to treat you injuries. You may just need ice and heat or it might be a good idea to see a chiropractor. Of course check with your Dr to make sure it's alright to see a chiropractor before going.  
Helpful - 0
Okay thank you. Is this feeling in my groin normal for a back injury?
Helpful - 0
The back and groin pain could be a separate issue, or they may be from the the same injury. You did try to put your leg behind your back so that probably caused the pull groin muscle. It could have also pulled the muscles in your back or you may have a vertebrae out of place. Sorry for repeating myself. Is there any way you can see your Dr soon? I think that's what you need to do. In the mean time you can take an over the counter pain reliever and try using heat and cold.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Back & Neck Community