Back & Neck Community

Lumbar MRI Results

I'm a 56 year old female, who injured my back transferring a patient. The Orthopedic Doctor has informed me that I didn't do it at my job, and based on the fact I am so old at age 56, that it is most likely Arthritis, and my results show NO Narrowing of the Spine ( he was basing his findings off of the original MRI of the injury of 08/2017), so I can't possibly have anything major wrong with me. I have ongoing lower back pain with extreme pressure all across my lower back, into my left buttock, down the backside of my left leg. At times my buttocks will go completely numb, I have numbness, tingling/burning sensation, and tenderness down both exterior legs below the knees, numbness and burning sensation on the top of my Right Big Toe, often have spasms along my spine. The pain and pressure has gotten so bad in my back it is hard to sit, bend or walk for any lengthy periods of time. Best relief can be had by lying flat in bed while on a heating bad. They haven't given me anything for the pain and I take a Combination of Tylenol and Motrin, it is the only thing that will take the edge off. These are my current 2nd MRI results from this past week:

L1-L2 No significant disc herniation, canal or neural foraminal narrowing

L2-L3 No significant disc herniation, canal or neural foraminal narrowing

L3-L4 Concentric disc bulge with no significant canal or neural foraminal narrowing. Mild Facet hypertrophy

L4-L5 Concentric disc bulge with moderate facet hypertrophy. No significant canal or neural foraminal narrowing detected

L5-S1 Concentric disc bulge with no significant canal narrowing. Moderate facet hypertrophy. Patent neural foramina

IMPRESSION: Chronic multilevel mild degenerative disc and mild-to-moderate facet disease. No significant canal or neural foraminal narrowing detected.

The Orthopedic Doctor had also given me Lumbar Facet Joint Injections one month prior to the actual MRI, and all it did is make the pain and pressure way worse. He got very upset with me, and advised me that it was impossible that it did not improve my condition. Well it hasn't, in fact it is getting worse by the day/week.

Any suggestions and/or help please.... thank you so much.
Is this orthopedist an orthopedic spine surgeon or a general orthopedist? When was this MRI done? If it’s more than 6 months ago, spine surgeons would disregard it and based on your symptoms , order a new one.
You are complaining of nerve related symptoms, yet the report findings say there is no nerve compression or spinal canal narrowing. Facet hypertrophy/thickening is typically arthritis related, and inflammation.