Aa
A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

Lump on spine

26/female, no insurance :( otherwise healthy/active. However, right below the bra line on my back, I noticed ab a year ago a big squishy lump over my spine. It's not hard, but it does seem to move if pushed around. Weird and gross I know. Lol. I seem to have a lot of back pain right above it around my spine as well. I have a high pain tolerance, and it's chronic enough to keep me up at night a lot for ab the past 2 years off and on. Lately it seems worse.  It feels like a muscle issue where it meets the spine if that makes sense causing the pain (no traumatic event or anything) but also like there's a lot of pressure on my spine in that particular spot causing the pain as well. I have no clue if the two are related. I also have noticed slight hyperpigmentation right below the back of my neck between my shoulder blades that itches sometimes. I'm sure it's a silly post and it sounds like I'm falling apart.. So before I get lectured to just go to the DR, I know I should just get the sucker checked out, but I'm just curious if it seems benign to an outsider with anymore experience with this sort do stuff than me. :) Ty
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
A localized area of hyperpigmentation that itches can be sweat dermatitis or fungal infection. The area between shoulder blades is prone to sweat trickling down and staying there due to undergarments. The treatment usually involves applying an anti-fungal cream, wearing cotton undergarments and clothes which absorb sweat and using anti-fungal medicated powder over the area.
If there is a purplish discolored area then this can be a bruise due to tight bra clasp or due to oral contraceptives. It can also be a venous malformation or hemangioma. Sometimes a hair root infection (folliculitis) can persist as a localized discolored swelling. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches