Back & Neck Community

Pain in upper left back

I have pain in the upper left side of my back. It's typically a dull pulsing pain and feels like a bubble, or a massive knot. It can be painful to breathe and has moments of sharp pain. This started last night and it feels similar to an injury I had before, but did nothing out of the ordinary that could have caused this. My fiance tried massaging it and it did nothing. I had a similar feeling on the right side about three years ago and was told that it was Costochondritis, however, I'm not having pain under my breast like I did with that injury. I have a very nice bed and always sleep on my back with one pillow. I feel like the pain would be less if I have a sling. If I hold my arm up a little bit, it seems to feel better. If anyone has any ideas about what this could be, I would really appreciate it.

I should also mention that I am getting married in a month and my stress levels have been off the charts. Not sure if that could have anything at all to do with it.

Thanks!!