A
A
A
Close
Back & Neck Community
11.7k Members

Pain in upper left back

Hello,
I have pain in the upper left side of my back. It's typically a dull pulsing pain and feels like a bubble, or a massive knot. It can be painful to breathe and has moments of sharp pain. This started last night and it feels similar to an injury I had before, but did nothing out of the ordinary that could have caused this. My fiance tried massaging it and it did nothing. I had a similar feeling on the right side about three years ago and was told that it was Costochondritis, however, I'm not having pain under my breast like I did with that injury. I have a very nice bed and always sleep on my back with one pillow. I feel like the pain would be less if I have a sling. If I hold my arm up a little bit, it seems to feel better. If anyone has any ideas about what this could be, I would really appreciate it.

I should also mention that I am getting married in a month and my stress levels have been off the charts. Not sure if that could have anything at all to do with it.

Thanks!!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches